Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Does your powder blusher go solid & cakey after a while?

(2 Posts)
ameliagrey Tue 20-Sep-11 19:04:40

Following on from my obsession with finding the perfect blusher, I wanted to ask if other people's powder blusher goes kind of solid so that it's hard to lift any colour onto your blusher brush.

I have about a quarter of my blusher left in the compact and it's increasing hard to load the brush- I think the blush has absorbed oils from the brush which have come from my foundation, so the surface of the blusher gets hard and shiny.

HazeltheMcWitch Tue 20-Sep-11 19:12:05

Yep, it is from the oils. You could try scraping off the surface with a blunt knife to get down to the powdery stuff again.

Do you wash your makeup brushes? This can help stop it happening. The other thing is if you apply blusher onto a non-oily base - ie on top of blotted skin, or powdered skin.

This also happens a lot in pressed (face) powder compacts, when the oils from the spongey pad soak into the powder, and so they come with a circle of clear plastic to sit between the two.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now