Talk

Advanced search

DP is in desperate need of your style advice.

(8 Posts)
StuntCubble Tue 20-Sep-11 18:57:47

Poor dp has hardly any clothes, he still wears some things he had when we first met, nearly 10 years ago.

He is blonde, blue eyes looks very nice in blue, about 5"10 and muscular but not yuckily so and not yet 30.

He needs new clothes and shoes. He needs some smart shoes and trainers, currently has these awful Airwalk trousers and even awfuler clumpy great big shoes with a huge sole and awful metal going across the front. He also needs trousers tops and a couple of smart shirts. Basically a new wardrobe. All on a limited budget. Can anyone advise me I am pretty hopeless, and would really appreciate some help.

Bangtastic Tue 20-Sep-11 19:21:38

Basic Tees/Jumpers -

Blue V Neck

Navy Polo Shirt

Blue & Grey collared Polo

Grey Jumper

Cable Knit Navy Jumper

Jeans/Pants -

Basic Jeans

Casual Cords

Navy Utility Trousers

Shirts -

Basic Blue Shirt

Blue stripe Shirt

Basic White Shirt

Trousers -

Black pinstripe trousers

Grey trousers

Navy pinstripe trousers

Shoes -

Black formal shoes

Basic white tennis shoe

StuntCubble Tue 20-Sep-11 20:52:38

Thank you bangtastic, I liked the shirts, not many of the smart trousers though and I doubt he'd wear the jumpers, the tennis shoes are nice but the smart ones a bit too smart and shiny iyswim. Dp is very casual, often wont even wear t shirts with buttons at the top hmm

StuntCubble Tue 20-Sep-11 20:53:13

Could also be worth looking on ebay for better quality but used stuff, or is that a waste of time?

MatLeaveForever Tue 20-Sep-11 20:57:16

I suggest taking him to River Island, they have some nice trendy things but not too young. I think some of the Matalan suggestions look a bit old for a guy who's not quite 30. Next is also good for basics.
We need before and after pics of your DP!

Bangtastic Tue 20-Sep-11 20:57:33

Sounds just like mine grin

Definitely worth looking on eBay too, some brilliant bargains to be had on there!

StuntCubble Tue 20-Sep-11 21:07:27

Oh yes to River Island, will drag him in kicking and screaming. Sometimes it's easier to just buy stuff without him there. If I take him he often flat refuses to try stuff on that I just know will look fab. Miserable git he is

bucaneve Wed 21-Sep-11 10:56:05

Peacocks is quite good. Much cheaper than River Island and fairly young and funky.

funky casual tee shirt

plain cheapy jeans

can't decide if this is funky or geography teacher

smartish navy shirt

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now