Talk

Advanced search

My dress is a bit see through and not what I want. Do I need a white or a nude coloured slip?

(11 Posts)
TheOriginalFAB Tue 20-Sep-11 17:41:26

<rubbish at anything like this>

And what is the best colour for pants, white or nude?

shopalot Tue 20-Sep-11 17:46:00

Definitely nude. White will show through in certain lighting. Hope that helps!!!!

homeaway Tue 20-Sep-11 17:47:35

It depends on the colour of the dress tbh. For a dark coloured dress wear a dark slip underneath, light coloured dress a light slip.

TheOriginalFAB Tue 20-Sep-11 17:50:01

Thank you very much. So obvious once you know blush.

The dress is pink, red, white and coffee coloured and really nice. I will have to get a full length slip. Actually I have just remembered I have a cream camisole, would that do? It is quite long as covers my bottom.

ujjayi Tue 20-Sep-11 18:44:02

M & S do a nude slip which is perfect for your needs. Costs £19.99. I bought and wore one on Saturday and it worked a treat smile

ameliagrey Tue 20-Sep-11 19:11:45

If you want the white on the dress to look white, then go for a white slip. If you don't mind it looking creamy then go for nude. It really depends on how see- through the dress is.

TheOriginalFAB Tue 20-Sep-11 19:35:29

It is see through in that I can see the lace of my bra through the top.

coffeeinbed Tue 20-Sep-11 19:39:40

Don't do the camisole, it will ride up and it will drive you bonkers.
Get a proper slip, once you have you you'll wear it with other dresses as well.
Makes a difference, really does.

ameliagrey Tue 20-Sep-11 19:39:42

I think nude is the way to go then.

TheOriginalFAB Tue 20-Sep-11 19:49:27

I actually bought the camisole as I have a dress that shows my bra but turns out the camisole doesn't come high enough so doesn't do the job. It was really expensive as well but is really lovely. I sleep in the camisole now.

coffeeinbed Tue 20-Sep-11 19:54:29

They never do.
Love camisoles, but cannot find a decent way of wering the bloody things. End up petting them and putting away.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now