Talk

Advanced search

Liz Earle skin tint

(16 Posts)
chardom Tue 20-Sep-11 17:06:35

Has anybody tried this new product and if so do you rate it or hate it? I have seen it on the website and it looks and sounds great but would like any opinions before I part with my cash!!

FreakOfNature Tue 20-Sep-11 17:12:37

Definitely rate it, very light and long lasting coverage. Thumbs up so far.

Gillybobs Tue 20-Sep-11 17:29:25

She is sending out free samples of all 3 colours with the newsletter. Im sure if you got in touch they would send you some. Just a sachet of each colour but enough to give it a try.

chardom Tue 20-Sep-11 20:17:29

Many thanks! Have just signed up for newsletter, so will hopefully get some samples!

valiumredhead Wed 21-Sep-11 13:06:31

I get a free sample yesterday and don't rate it at all and far too pricey for what it is.

valiumredhead Wed 21-Sep-11 13:06:41

got

coccyx Wed 21-Sep-11 13:07:39

What didn't you like about it? I was thinking of getting some

valiumredhead Wed 21-Sep-11 13:13:11

I tried all 3 colours on my hand - the dark one was REALLY heavy, more like a thick foundation than something you'd wear on the beach.

The medium one which is my colour felt sticky and shiny - think it's meant to give you a dewy look but didn't work on me.

I would definitely try a sample first as you might think differently but I was very disappointed and glad I didn't part with £21.

Some bad reviews on the LE facebook page too, and if you are bothered by them apparently it's got parabans in it.

HappyHome Wed 21-Sep-11 13:20:39

I got the free samples and tbh wasn't impressed. Out of the three shades none matched my skin tone.

MooMinCow Wed 21-Sep-11 15:58:27

I've tried my sample for 3 days now, but have decided I don't like it! colour match was good for my darker skin, but felt tacky/greasy on my skin later and went a bit orangey blush. had to put loads of powder on so I could apply my powder blusher (should have used a cream one I guess), but on the whole will stick to my Lily Lolo/Bare minerals foundation instead.

texture reminded me of her Face Sun Block and I hated the feel of that on my skin too.

40notTrendy Wed 21-Sep-11 18:27:37

I tried the sample. Colour good but it sort of sat on my skin and felt sticky. Had shiny skin (not in a good way!) by the end of the day. Will keep searching for the perfect foundation <sighs>

warmandwooly Wed 21-Sep-11 20:47:04

I am signed up for the newsletter. How do I get some samples?

katiejj Wed 21-Sep-11 21:07:43

I got the samples with my newsletter the other day - I think it's great that they are sending out all 3 shades. The lightest was nearest for me but I wiped it off after about 30 mins. It felt really claggy, it's very thick and I had an odd grey tint to my skin with a lot of shine - to be fair I didn't powder.

partyhats Wed 21-Sep-11 21:34:03

It feels quite heavy on but the colour was not too bad for me (shade no 2) It looked quite scary on my hand but seemed to blend in on my face. I may have imagined it but thought it made me look quite healthy. I think its prob better for dry skin though

Toffeefudgecake Thu 22-Sep-11 23:56:44

I received the samples yesterday and, after testing, have sent off for the medium shade. I thought it gave just the right amount of coverage and I liked the glow it gave me.

cathers Fri 23-Sep-11 14:27:12

I thought the shade was nice and it did give a nice initial glow but didn't like the feel of it at all. Felt tacky and like gloss paint on my skin. Gross!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now