Talk

Advanced search

please give me a clue for a wedding outfit

(10 Posts)
Everlong Tue 20-Sep-11 10:04:05

Ok I'm desperate.

Going to a wedding a week on Saturday.

I need some help please. I'm 43 size 12 5"2 with an hourglass figure I suppose ( goes in and out at waist as opposed to pear shaped )

I don't do fussy over the top. I like White company, toast, jigsaw type clothes but I'm stuck as what to wear for a wedding.. stressing out a bit. I want something that I can wear again really too?

Would a White company dress be ok? I'm going to go and look on Thursday but just wondered if anyone has a bright idea < begging >

Not fussed about budget as long as it's right.

minipie Tue 20-Sep-11 11:03:50

Do you mean a jersey/knit type dress? I think that would be ok for a wedding, unless it was a super formal wedding. You'd want to dress it up with heels and some big jewellery/belt/smart bag.

I'd probably look for something that isn't black or grey as colour looks a bit more dressed up/made an effort. So that means probably Jigsaw/Toast would be better than White Company. this one from Jigsaw would be a nice option, also comes in burnt orange. Big chunky necklace would look good.

or this one

Everlong Tue 20-Sep-11 11:07:31

Thank you mini pie, yes jersey type dress is what I'm after. I do quite like that jigsaw dress and the style would suit my shape. Will have a look at it in rl..

So no grey or black... bummer grin

Everlong Tue 20-Sep-11 11:10:01

Oh that multiway one looks really nice too.

What jacket would you put with it?

minipie Tue 20-Sep-11 12:01:27

I think you'd need quite a tailored jacket or coat. Ideally in some sort of slightly luxe fabric so it doesn't look too officey. What have you got?

NewChoos Tue 20-Sep-11 12:36:36

I'd probably go for a wrap/pashmina rather than a jacket. Killer heels and a smart clutch.
This is lovely, is it too dressy for you?

www.phase-eight.co.uk/fcp/product/warehouse/Dresses/Megan-Ruched-Detail-Dress/201371050

NewChoos Tue 20-Sep-11 12:39:39

This is very pretty too, could wear with black opaques and black heels?

www.jigsaw-online.com/fashion/1001446/J13855/womens/dresses/reed-print-dress

Everlong Tue 20-Sep-11 12:39:45

I have a knee length camel suede coat that might look ok, but yes you are right, don't want to look like I've stuck work clobber on ( not that I work blush ) thanks for helping!

Everlong Tue 20-Sep-11 12:44:19

Thank you noochoos I love the phase eight one, I will definitely try that on.

minipie Tue 20-Sep-11 13:26:38

the phase 8 one is great. It comes in a lovely dark red as well as in black smile and as it has sleeves you wouldn't necessarily need a jacket

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now