Talk

Advanced search

Bobbi Brown Porcelain or Warm Ivory- come over here pale types

(7 Posts)
ameliagrey Tue 20-Sep-11 09:29:12

Has anyone got either of these?

I MAY order online and have had a sample of the Porcelain which was pale- maybe just a tad too pale- but how much darker is warm ivory?
I use Ivory concealer which is slightly ighter than my real skin tone, which according to their shade chart means I should go for warm ivory foundation. However, when had my colours done by Estee lauder, I come out as cool to neutral.

I might not take the risk- and get to the stores sometime, but wondered if anyone had used both?

HazeltheMcWitch Tue 20-Sep-11 13:28:23

Hello, I am porcelain in Bobbi Brown. To be honest, you really can't predict your colour there from what you are at EL. Even though they are sister companies, their foundation shades - and range - could not be more different.

I'd really wait and get into store and have them apply it properly to you and advise on the shade (and remember to check it yourself in natural light!). You'd hate to go wrong with a foundation purchase.

The other thing to consider is if your skin is at all tanned at the mo, then it's not the best time to buy a new foundation for the winter, as your skin starts paling again.

ameliagrey Tue 20-Sep-11 13:53:31

Thanks. I think I agree with you!

My face is slightly darker at the moment though not a lot as I always use a sun block under make up- but it is still lightly coloured compared to my deathly pale winter.

I have had a sachet of Porcelain to test and it was okay- Alabaster was far too pale.

KellyKettle Tue 20-Sep-11 13:55:14

I am very pale and am a warm ivory. I agree with Hazel though, best to visit a counter and test it first. I use the stick version, it makes my skin look lovely.

IrmaMuthafucker Tue 20-Sep-11 13:55:48

Go to the counter. They will put it on you and match to your skin tone.

CardiCorgi Wed 21-Sep-11 10:21:06

So, pale ladies, do you end up with different shades for summer and winter? I was supposedly an alabaster in March (personally I think it was a bit pale), but in the summer I am more of a warm ivory or even sand.

Make sure you check it in natural light - the warm sand that I bought a couple of years ago was definitely too yellow when I got outside.

KellyKettle Wed 21-Sep-11 11:10:04

I use a different shade for summer but mostly because I like to use a gradual self-tan rather than due to the impact of any real sun.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now