Talk

Advanced search

Where can i try on a bra is PEACE??

(10 Posts)
TheFlintstones Tue 20-Sep-11 00:43:24

Basically my boobs are just driving me crazy. All i want is to find one shop. That has a bra that i can go to knowing that certain cut they do (plundge, balcony etc) in that size will fit me or at least i wont have to bring one in size up and down to try all of them while my two 'goregous' kids RECK the changing rooms. shock(you'd be surprised what a 3year and 18month old can do with a blank room consisting of a mirror, walls, curtains, some hangers laying around and a chair/stool etc....)

I want a shop where i can go, pick up 2 or 3 bra's when im free of them and just go into a changing room and try them in peace to check if the fit/shape works in harmony with my assets. No-one telling me i can't try it on, or sticking their nose in telling they do a 'fab' fitting service...i've been to get messured and they were all wrong........i nearly punched a m&s women in the face i was so frustrated last time! Told me i needed a 38A?? And looked completely ASTONISED yes really when it didnt fit, im a size 12 on top..............really a 38A? confused

Anyone know a good shop, not overly expensive i cant afford 30quid a bra.15 quid would be my max each, anyone have a favorite shop?
I usually get full cup or balcony as theirs no life in them gravity won. sad

DrSeuss Tue 20-Sep-11 09:55:52

I just measure myself (google for how to do it) or get DH to help measure then buy them from Tesco/Asda etc. Cheaper and simpler. Or ebay.

warmandwooly Tue 20-Sep-11 14:10:47

What about Debenhams- mine has a clearance rack etc. Pick em up and try on with minimal interference. Can't guarantee they are all going to be in that price range or style but worth a shot.

SheepAreSuper Tue 20-Sep-11 20:36:30

I love Ann Summers these days. Had always been an M&S kinda gal but they've become sooo dull.
Ann Summers sizes tend to be uniform across the various designs and they do a multibuy of a certain design (in different colours) of 2 for £25.

JamInMyWellies Tue 20-Sep-11 20:47:53

Think I have been to every bra shop in the world. If you are near London I really rate Selfridges. Great selection and unobtrusive staff. I also have recently started buying from La Senza. I just tell the staff I need several different sizes and that I know how my bra should fit and they generally leave me alone.

JamInMyWellies Tue 20-Sep-11 20:49:25

OH and never ever go on a weekend.

Champagnevanity Wed 21-Sep-11 11:23:14

Janet Rager (sp) at debenhams, It is usually about £20+ Howweevverrr....

They often get reduced to like £5 in the sale, and they are very good, very pretty and last FOREVER.

Next time they have a sale, try to grab yourself some!

sprinkles77 Wed 21-Sep-11 16:04:20

not sure what size you are, but if D or above just get everything in every size from bravissimo on line then return what doesn't fit, they do free returns. then you can try at home when kids asleep. Some of the styles come out every year, so it's easy to re-order.

PrincessTamTam Wed 21-Sep-11 16:14:13

Yes... Bravissimo is fab, some of them are expensive but you can get cheaper ones too. If you go to a shop - go without kids if you can - they can pretty much size you just by looking at you. Then just buy online, they have good sales a few times a year too where you can get bargains. Also once you know your size, check out Figleaves.com who do some lovely bras (some of the same brands as Bravissimo) and also have sales and offers all the time.

sprinkles77 Wed 21-Sep-11 19:43:57

yes, once you know your size also try brastop.com I got 2 bras from there that retail at about £25 at bravissimo for £13 and £15. They also do all sizes, not just big ones.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now