Talk

Advanced search

Decent inexpensive suits, please help!

(7 Posts)
GirlWithALlamaTattoo Mon 19-Sep-11 19:34:42

Style and beauty isn't my forte, so please be kind. I still dress like a student outside work, but for work I have to wear a dark suit. That's non-negotiable.

In the past, I've had good ones from Next, but recently I've noticed that the quality and fit aren't so good. That's partly my fault, in that I've expanded from a size 10 to a 14 since doing less walking and more sitting in an office.

Also, I'm attempting to diet, so don't want to spend too much at this point.

Can anyone recommend a source of attractive, non-frumpy work-suits in the £100 - £200 range?

mamijacacalys Mon 19-Sep-11 20:10:01

M&S, Laura Ashley, Tesco F&F.
HTH smile

HattiFattner Mon 19-Sep-11 20:16:02

is there a mcarthur glen retail outlet near you?

M&S are way better than Next, if you can find something there that fits properly. Otherwise, have a look at the outlet bit on the Hobbs website. They have some lovely workwear but unfortunately most of it is dry clean only.

MangoMonster Mon 19-Sep-11 20:22:41

Zara

netbook Mon 19-Sep-11 21:15:12

I'll second Tesco, I got a grey pinstripe suit last year, you have to watch the fabrics though, some are a little shiney

Not sure if they'll be ok,but austin reed have a great clearance section, I bought a suit last week for £50 down from £400!

GirlWithALlamaTattoo Thu 22-Sep-11 11:48:26

Sorry not to have come back until now. Thanks for all your help.

I'll check out M&S and Zara. Some lovely things on the Austin Reed website, but I wouldn't want to risk buying without trying on, and there isn't one anywhere near me.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now