Talk

Advanced search

Searching for the perfect work handbag!

(19 Posts)
Kagriff Mon 19-Sep-11 16:17:55

Can anyone recommend a handbag that I can use for work - I've got an ipad (and everything else!) that I need to cart around and I've seen all these lovely ipad clutch bags but they just aren't practical for me. I've found this lovely Milly bag on peony and moore - has anyone else bought it? Is it big enough for ipad and stuff?

http://www.peonyandmoore.com/product_info.php?cPath=0_12&products_id=139

winetimeismytime Mon 19-Sep-11 16:51:08

I've bought from them, I have the mn favourite Lucia! I saw this one at the weekend as they sent a mail out, it looks blooming gorgeous too, here it is smile Quality of the leather is great and good customer service too imo..

madammecholet Mon 19-Sep-11 18:38:27

OOh, I like that one! <off to sit on credit cards>

TuttoRhino Mon 19-Sep-11 19:51:37

My new Milly just arrived today. I really love it. They say it will fit an Ipad and it looks like it will. I'd go stick my macbook in it to test but I've just sprayed it with leather protector and it's drying on a chair.

madammecholet Mon 19-Sep-11 19:56:27

Is it soft leather tuttorhino ? I have the lucia, is it the same soft leather?

TuttoRhino Mon 19-Sep-11 20:50:51

Ok I've had a fondle. It is pretty much as soft as the Lucia. The leather is slightly stiffer in places due to the design of the handbag.

DH has just commented about the lovely matte black colour.

madammecholet Mon 19-Sep-11 20:58:47

<faints at mention of a man ACTUALLY noticing handbag let alone complimenting>grin

TuttoRhino Mon 19-Sep-11 22:28:52

It is a rare thing in my house. I think he felt he needed to cheer me up after a DD related disaster today.

bertiecat Tue 20-Sep-11 07:28:12

He noticed the bag and didn't ask the price ?????-- I am lusting after this for my new winter bag too - more now I know someone has bought it and loves it! envy

Kagriff Tue 20-Sep-11 09:22:13

Right, that's it - I've got a conference next weekend so I'm going to order the Milly bag. Will let you know what it's like when it arrives! Very excited.

polyhymnia Tue 20-Sep-11 09:59:08

That looks great - glad to hear it is.

Have just ordered a Lucia in the new brown. Would like the Milly too but waiting to see if they're going to do it a bit later in a tan/oak, which I'd prefer, I think (don;t need to look corporate any more).

Has anyone tried the other new one, the Olivia, yet?

www.peonyandmoore.com/product_info.php?cPath=0_12&products_id=138&dm_i=KSU,JD5M,3NZXYD,1KQLA,1

Like the look of it though a little small for my present needs.

Tiddlypop Tue 20-Sep-11 11:33:42

Milly looks fab online! I'm considering the Lucia but can't decide on the colour!! Can you let me know what the brown is like when it arrives?

madammecholet Tue 20-Sep-11 11:52:39

I like the look of the Olivia one polyhymnia....

polyhymnia Tue 20-Sep-11 14:43:50

OK, the brown Lucia has arrived and I'm very pleased with it. A lovely bag.

Did hesitate long and hard about colour - possibles for my wardrobe were brown or navy. But I've got a bit of a strange, and probably irrational, 'block' about navy bags - remember them being the sort of thing that were 'sensible' in my mum's day, I think.

Anyway, the brown is a nice deep chocolate-y colour. If the Olivia colour is the same (as it looks to be online) that's another point in its favour. Looks good with my grey winter coat, my khaki parka - and my autumn/winter things in general.

As promised by the bag's fans, it's beautifully soft matte leather, yet not too floppy and unstructured. And nice long handles so they sit well on my shoulder.

Another fan here.

Only thing I'd say is that, if they'd have made it in a not-too-light grey it would have been totally perfect. Perhaps another season..

madammecholet Tue 20-Sep-11 15:54:39

<oh lord....sitting on both hands now and credit cards locked in cupboard.....>

TuttoRhino Tue 20-Sep-11 19:13:43

Used the Milly today and it is a really good size. Only complaint is that the carry handle is a bit stiff and slightly too wide. However I will wear it across the body 90% of the time so it shouldn't be too much of an issue. The long strap is also slightly stiff but I'm hoping it will loosen up over time.

DH never asks prices of things I pay for. I then don't ask the prices of the audio equipment he purchases.

natrob Wed 21-Sep-11 14:13:31

I love this Milly bag, so stylish, but takes everything in it and doesn't lose it's shape. I admit it isn't my first purchase from Peony and Moore, I love the website and the customer service is great.

Kagriff Fri 23-Sep-11 15:20:26

The Milly bag has arrived and I'm really pleased with it. grin Would totally recommend it as work bag but the cross body strap means that I can totally see myself using this at the weekend also.

madammecholet Fri 23-Sep-11 21:01:21

Kagriff, I wa hoping you weren't going to say that ...(checks bank balance...) smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now