Talk

Advanced search

In between sizes - size up for skinny jeans or size down?

(9 Posts)
notsofastmrbond Mon 19-Sep-11 11:41:38

I'm currently shrinking, in between a 14 and a 12 at the moment but should be a 12 soon. Want some new skinny jeans - am I better with the 12 than the 14? Will the 14 bag in unflattering places? Or will the 12 be too tight and cut off circulation?

aquavit Mon 19-Sep-11 12:05:51

I would size down as every pair of jeans I have ever owned has stretched

I don't go in for uber spenny ones though - what make are you looking at?

TrillianAstra Mon 19-Sep-11 12:08:02

Down because jeans stretch.

notsofastmrbond Mon 19-Sep-11 12:48:01

Excellent, I thought down too. I'm going for Next, purely because we have no money til the end of the month and I can buy it on my Next account blush

notsofastmrbond Mon 19-Sep-11 12:48:09

Thank yu!

aquavit Mon 19-Sep-11 13:38:17

def down then as next ones stretch like anything! (I do like them though)

OohThatsMyTractor Mon 19-Sep-11 13:44:48

Size down, because jeans always stretch when you've worn them for a bit and also once they've been washed. I was told that they should be almost painfully tight when you try them on and they should always fit snugly around the crotch otherwise you will look like you're smuggling budgies when they go saggy! grin

Also jeans should never be washed any hotter than 30% because using a hotter wash makes the elastane/lycra stretch, even if they only have 1% and that is enough to make your jeans lose their shape.

There we are, tip of the day for y'all!

OohThatsMyTractor Mon 19-Sep-11 13:47:57

Btw I agree that next sizes are generous and they do sag, but I also love their jeans.

Rassy Mon 19-Sep-11 15:42:37

This thread has got me thinking as I tried on a pair of Next skinny jeans at the weekend and bought the 12 instead of a 10. I could get into the 10 but they were pretty tight, looked like leggings (not the look i wanted!) and gave me a bad camel toe so would have had to wear long tops. The 12 were a bit big round the waist (will wear a belt) but not so tight on the legs, but still slim fitting. Didn't think about them stretching! Do you think I should take the 12 back and get the 10? confused

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now