Talk

Advanced search

Cheap Ebay Dress

(10 Posts)
TeaOneSugar Sun 18-Sep-11 18:27:11

What do you think about this dress in grey

I'm going on a cruise and I'm short of formal dresses.

Is it too cheap? Will it fall to bits after one wear?

neuroticmumof3 Sun 18-Sep-11 19:53:53

I've often wondered about the quality of dresses from China/Hong Kong. They always seem incredibly cheap.

SayItIsntSo Sun 18-Sep-11 19:58:49

It might be fine, but it's not that cheap and I would perhaps just look out for someone selling a Coast dress/Reiss dress on ebay that's been worn once (or not at all) as they often come up much cheaper than that dress.

TeaOneSugar Sun 18-Sep-11 20:03:20

The feedback is very good, and they seem to be selling lots of stock.

I tend to think if it sounds to good to be true it probably is, but I'm still tempted.

TeaOneSugar Sun 18-Sep-11 20:12:43

SayItIsntSo I've got my eye out on ebay for something just like that, but spotted this.

I've been losing weight over the last couple of years and my wardrobe had dwindled to next to nothing, and very very little in the dressy department, I could do with a few bargins.

SayItIsntSo Sun 18-Sep-11 20:21:10

If the feedback is good and it's a style you really want, then you might be lucky, and you can still look for other dressy wear on ebay too?

TeaOneSugar Sun 18-Sep-11 20:25:30

I'll get DH to measure me (he'll like that) and have a think about it. Thanks for your replies.

youarekidding Sun 18-Sep-11 20:32:45

Thats not cheap shock

I got one for £11.99 from Canada, Jaquiline Dot or something like that and also a non private seller had a 'cocktailish' style dress, BHS that I won for £3.74.

Enjoy your cruise and the dress is lovely.

NatureAbhorsAHoover Sun 18-Sep-11 20:33:04

It looks nice online... but really there's no substitute for trying it on in the real world! Please don't sneer... but if you want a bargainous formal dress you honestly would be better off flicking through the racks at Debenhams... you can feel the fabric and will instantly be able to give things a yes or no rather than agonising over a photograph that may or may not be an accurate representation of the dress. It's horrible when something arrives in the post and looks nothing like what you imagined, I think.

TeaOneSugar Sun 18-Sep-11 20:43:36

I suppose that's what's holding me back, I've bought from ebay before and a couple of things haven't been what I'd expected, or haven't fitted, despite being the right size (in theory). On the other hand I've bought stuff I've had loads of wear out of.

I probably need a trip to an outlet village, I've managed to get some sale dresses in Monsoon, Phase Eight and LK Bennett outlets in the past (all now too big or need taking in 3 sizes) but it's a bit of a trip and it's very hit and miss.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now