Talk

Advanced search

Is Isabella Oliver good quailty?

(7 Posts)
FreakOfNature Sun 18-Sep-11 15:49:03

Title says it all really, I'm in the process of attempting to update my wardrobe and develop some style. DH is currently away for a few months so budget isn't too much of an issue grin I've never been much of a fashionista, I prefer to pay more for some good quality pieces that will last a while, which brings me to my question for the MN jury, is it worth paying £29 for an IO cami/tank?

higgle Sun 18-Sep-11 17:17:48

Don't know about the cami, bu;t I have a ruched dress that is excellent quality, washes a dream and looks v. sexy on.

stripeybump Sun 18-Sep-11 17:20:52

Yes yes yes! I have two of the jersey longline ruched maternity tops and they are so good, thick fabric that washes really well and lovely shape. I do think they're expensive for basics, got my tops in the sale for £59 each down to £24 each, but they'll prob last forever so worth the extra. Do look out for sales and codes though, even basics they keep in stock from season to season get heavily reduced in sales.

bertiecat Sun 18-Sep-11 17:47:14

I bought a cotton long sleeved top and it has not worn well at all - out of shape now and looks shabby after only about 5 washes.
I had to deal with their customer service over another order which was out of stock and they were not very helpful and not very bothered that I was made to wait.sad

PPPop Sun 18-Sep-11 19:05:13

The fabric on the maternity tops is much thicker than the non maternity stuff, which I wasn't expecting. Tops are still nice but overpriced at full price, definitely look out for discounts and codes.

brianmayshair Sun 18-Sep-11 21:17:22

It depends on the item TBH, i bought some stuff the other day (maternity) the top is really poor quality, lovely fit but completely see through. The trousers i was a bit hmm about to however everyone has commented on them and they are a good fit but i had a 40% discount if i had paid the full £90 for a pair of trousers their is no way i'd of been satisfied. Have had a lovely dress from them before.

blueskydrinking Sun 18-Sep-11 21:23:14

All the stuff I've bought from there has been great (still wearing the jeans 2 years later - love the adjustable waist smile ). Will be heading straight back there this time.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now