Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Comfy, durable, but S+B friendly walking shoes for city breaks

(14 Posts)
mippy Sun 18-Sep-11 14:43:23

I'm going away next year and plan a lot of walking around Scandinavian cities. I also have size 9 feet that blister a lot. Is there anything I can wear other than trainers?

Earlybird Sun 18-Sep-11 14:48:11

What time of year will you be there?

ICantFindAFreeNickName Sun 18-Sep-11 14:51:22

If it's winter I reccomend a pair of low wedge boots. We had a few city breaks last year (with lots of walking) & my feet never ached once.

mippy Sun 18-Sep-11 14:54:29

I'll be there in March/April. I went to Paris earlier this year with some Clarks crepe-soled shoes, ended up walking about eight miles a day and completely fucked my feet.

We'll hopefully be going to the forest as well, and flying easyJet out means I can't take more than one pair, so not sure about boots.

herecomesthsun Sun 18-Sep-11 15:01:54

Could you wear comfy boots on the plane flying out?

polyhymnia Sun 18-Sep-11 15:07:28

Have found Fitflop trainers very comfortable on various city breaks - their Supertone, though in their new autumn range they also have the Supersneaker, in high top and low top versions.

Quite fancy this:

www.shoetique.co.uk/womens-c1/trainers-c10/fitflop-fitflop-supersneaker-black-lizard-metallica-p796

or this:

www.shoetique.co.uk/womens-c1/fitflop-new-autumn-range-c37/fitflop-fitflop-ff-supersneaker-pewter-leopard-p765 .

doglover Sun 18-Sep-11 15:12:00

I would second the Fitflop Supertone range. I wore mine sightseeing around Austria this summer and they were a revelation!! The new Supersneakers look great, too. Definitely worth trying if I were you. HTH.

polyhymnia Sun 18-Sep-11 15:24:04

Looking again at your post, I guess only trouble might be size - though the FF size 8s do come up pretty generous.

ComradeJing Sun 18-Sep-11 16:07:38

Have you looked at geox?

doglover Sun 18-Sep-11 16:09:26

You could always try the mens' Fitflop Supertone range. They have the same basic styles ............... but bigger!

polyhymnia Sun 18-Sep-11 16:11:12

Good thinking - also second Geox. Have also fopund their shoes and particularly their trainers very good for serious city-walking.

Gillybobs Sun 18-Sep-11 16:12:02

It will be a bit chilly in Scandinavia at that time of year for fitflops! Id suggest Hush Puppies boots worn with thin socks. I have these here which are super comfy. You need a small heel as completely flat shoes will hurt like hell, something you can wear socks with makes all the difference too I find

mippy Sun 18-Sep-11 16:54:00

I sometimes take a 43 in trainers - I haven't owned a pair from a women's range since I was about 11.

I do like those boots but I can't imagine doing much walking in a heel like that!

Gillybobs Sun 18-Sep-11 16:57:36

They do flatter styles too. Cant recommend their boots (and ballet pumps) highly enough for days when theres lots of walking involved. I wore their pumps on a city break to FLorence and they were heavenly

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now