Talk

Advanced search

Am looking for a sort of 'Russian skirt'......

(14 Posts)
chocolateshoes Sat 17-Sep-11 19:59:27

am thinking broad waistband, full skirt just over the knee, quite thick fabric with some design or print that I can wear with thick tights and ankle boots. Has anyone seen one vaguely resembling my description? Hope so, there's no way I can sew!!!!

PattySimcox Sat 17-Sep-11 20:14:57

This kind of thing?

chocolateshoes Sat 17-Sep-11 20:21:32

Thanks Patty 0 a bit like that in terms of pattern but I think I'd like it to be a bit fuller, maybe some pleats....t5his skirt may well not exist - thanks for looking!

levantine Sat 17-Sep-11 20:51:51

I had something similair once but made out of cotton and in layers. I found it in TK Maxx.

I hope you find something, I know exactly what you mean.

chocolateshoes Sat 17-Sep-11 20:52:38

Thanks Levantine - I won't give up hope!

Clure Sat 17-Sep-11 21:12:35

this
I know its a dress but this is lovely

nancy75 Sat 17-Sep-11 21:14:11

monsoon usually do this kind of skirt, it might be a bit early for them to be in the shops.

chocolateshoes Sat 17-Sep-11 21:15:46

Hmmm thanks Clure - I like the skirt very much but it looks too long and I'm worried I'd look a bit frumpy in it. I like the lower part of the dress and the length but don't think the top half would work on me. Thanks you for looking. I hate it when you get an idea in your head but can't find the reality!!

Sleepwhenidie Sat 17-Sep-11 22:20:45

this one maybe? , or not enough pattern?

Clure Sat 17-Sep-11 23:11:28

nice border but maybe a bit too long

TapselteerieO Sun 18-Sep-11 00:16:53

dickens & jones

Paul & Joe skirt shape?

da wanda has lots of different styles.

msbunbury Sun 18-Sep-11 12:40:23

Oooh never seen dawanda before -thanks TapselteerieO -
what size are you looking for OP? Ive seen a few on ebay...

PlumSykes Sun 18-Sep-11 12:47:30

this sort of affair?

chocolateshoes Mon 19-Sep-11 21:08:43

wow - lots to look at - thank you! Am generally size 12. I like the look of the Da Wanda stuff (have never heard of them) - thanks TapselteerieO. Yes Clure yours was the kind of border I was thinking of but too long. Didn't get anywhere with your e-bay link Plum but thanks. I like that one Sleep but wanted more pattern and is £££. Thank you all for trying!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now