Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Tethers-am I commiting the cardinal sin of mum boots?

(6 Posts)
pink4ever Sat 17-Sep-11 13:21:37

Am looking for a knee high boot. Not high heeled but not totally flat. I want them in black leather as already have trusty brown ones from Faith that still look fab.
Have seen a few possibles but you know I am challenged when it comes to links.
Possibles are-
Deichmanns-black leather with buckle-£60
Zara-Basic boot-£80
or
Clarks-orinoco jazz-£80

Think my faves are actually the clarks but fear that means I am turning into an oldiesad am only mid 30 btw. Are they mum boots and need I fear being banished from s&b?
Advise wise one.

tethersend Sat 17-Sep-11 14:57:47

Ah pink, thanks for the ego-massage; am in need of it today <shallow>

Ok, I can't find the Deichmann ones, but to be honest they're all horrible, sorry...

Clarks ones- they are ok, but I really do not like biker style. That's just my personal taste though. I worry that they will become the new mum boots.

These zara ones? I LOVE them in the tan, but the black doesn't quite do it for me- may be better IRL?

My suggestions:

La Redoute

Asos

River island

pink4ever Sat 17-Sep-11 15:32:04

Yes think you are right about deichmanns-not a shop I frequent but was tempted by cheapness!

I do love the Zara ones in the tan but have a pair very similar from Dune that I have hardly worn as dont think they go with things well? The black are nice in rl though dont know about how well they would last.

I really like the la redoute ones but you know about me and online shopping! River island also good but would need to try on as I find they often make for skinny minnies-though my legs are probably the skinniest bit of me!

Will have another scout about in the week snd update! cheers.

tethersend Sat 17-Sep-11 15:33:19

Tan goes with everything! You just have to wear it with confidence.

Let me know how you get on smile

Poodlehorse Sat 17-Sep-11 21:44:44

I like those La Redoute ones, if only I didn't have stupidly large calves I would be having them.

tethersend Sat 17-Sep-11 22:09:53

similar but wide leg

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: