Talk

Advanced search

Tethers-am I commiting the cardinal sin of mum boots?

(6 Posts)
pink4ever Sat 17-Sep-11 13:21:37

Am looking for a knee high boot. Not high heeled but not totally flat. I want them in black leather as already have trusty brown ones from Faith that still look fab.
Have seen a few possibles but you know I am challenged when it comes to links.
Possibles are-
Deichmanns-black leather with buckle-£60
Zara-Basic boot-£80
or
Clarks-orinoco jazz-£80

Think my faves are actually the clarks but fear that means I am turning into an oldiesad am only mid 30 btw. Are they mum boots and need I fear being banished from s&b?
Advise wise one.

tethersend Sat 17-Sep-11 14:57:47

Ah pink, thanks for the ego-massage; am in need of it today <shallow>

Ok, I can't find the Deichmann ones, but to be honest they're all horrible, sorry...

Clarks ones- they are ok, but I really do not like biker style. That's just my personal taste though. I worry that they will become the new mum boots.

These zara ones? I LOVE them in the tan, but the black doesn't quite do it for me- may be better IRL?

My suggestions:

La Redoute

Asos

River island

pink4ever Sat 17-Sep-11 15:32:04

Yes think you are right about deichmanns-not a shop I frequent but was tempted by cheapness!

I do love the Zara ones in the tan but have a pair very similar from Dune that I have hardly worn as dont think they go with things well? The black are nice in rl though dont know about how well they would last.

I really like the la redoute ones but you know about me and online shopping! River island also good but would need to try on as I find they often make for skinny minnies-though my legs are probably the skinniest bit of me!

Will have another scout about in the week snd update! cheers.

tethersend Sat 17-Sep-11 15:33:19

Tan goes with everything! You just have to wear it with confidence.

Let me know how you get on smile

Poodlehorse Sat 17-Sep-11 21:44:44

I like those La Redoute ones, if only I didn't have stupidly large calves I would be having them.

tethersend Sat 17-Sep-11 22:09:53

similar but wide leg

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now