Talk

Advanced search

I may need to step away from S&B for a while

(9 Posts)
NewChoos Sat 17-Sep-11 10:46:20

Went shopping with DH yesterday and popped into a shoe shop I go into to lovingly stroke shoes and the assistant came to say hello to me, knew my DS's name, discussed some new shoes with me and said you're a size 38 aren't you?

DH said I was wondering what you were doing on you maternity leave blush

<I have on the whole been caring for my 5mo DS>

HellonHeels Sat 17-Sep-11 10:47:52

grin

madammecholet Sat 17-Sep-11 11:17:01

grin Brilliant!

ladyasriel Sat 17-Sep-11 13:38:12

Ladies in the shops where i live are instructed to pretend they don't know me when I am with DH.
You have to get clever grin

iWILLdothis Sat 17-Sep-11 16:02:56

Clearly you are giving your DS a great start in life. He will grow up to have impeccable taste in shoes and clothes. smile

NatureAbhorsAHoover Sat 17-Sep-11 16:05:43

How did you get DH to go into a shoe shop? Please, tell me how it's doneshock

NewChoos Sun 18-Sep-11 16:17:55

Oh I do hope I am passing on my taste in shoes and clothes rather than his fathers grin

I manage to get DH in maximum 5 shops and so I have to pick wisely!

We did go in Mulberry I confess madammeecholet, DH kept asking which bag I liked. It's my 40th next year and so I am having to be very careful about what I say as he unintentionally picks up on ad hoc comments any buys things I don't really desire!

DecapitatedLegoman Sun 18-Sep-11 16:25:03

NewChoos, tell me about it, I have a £1000 suite that I don't like because I sat on it in the furniture shop hmm

Nature, FAB name!

DecapitatedLegoman Sun 18-Sep-11 16:27:04

Ugh that sounded braggy and I didn't mean it to - just that MIL gave us money to buy a suite and what a waste getting something ugly and impractical angry

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now