Talk

Advanced search

Purple dress - what to wear with it?

(5 Posts)
onadarkcloud Sat 17-Sep-11 00:51:11

I bought this today from Oasis to go to a christening next week but I have no idea what to wear with it.
Is there an alternative to black heels, thinking purple shoes would over do it?

chinateacup Sat 17-Sep-11 01:13:48

Depends on your skin tone- bronze, nude or animal print, or funk it up with bright pink or olive green and 1 other matching accessory?

LiveYourBestLife Sat 17-Sep-11 08:35:32

Take a look at net-a-porter.com/product/161697 timeless style and colour for this season and beyond. High street will have less pricey alternatives and matching accessories should be easy to find.

moonshine Sat 17-Sep-11 09:26:32

I wear a lot of purple and like wearing metallics with it (gold or silver both go nicely). Green/teal makes the whole outfit more 'funky' but that's probably not what you're aiming for? Someone linked to these suede grey shoes which I thought were very nice and there's a 20% discount code knocking around.

onadarkcloud Sat 17-Sep-11 23:16:43

Ooooh those ones on netaporter look lovely, I like the affordable Clarks ones but I have non existent ankles and from past experience T-bar shoes just don't fit. I am going on a shoe hunt tomorrow so it has given me an idea of what to look for. Thanks!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now