Talk

Advanced search

Hot Chilli or Red Corvette?

(16 Posts)
TrillianAstra Fri 16-Sep-11 18:46:15

Hair colours

Hot Chilli is slightly oranger, Red Corvette slightly darker/browner (I want red tending to brown/orange not red tending towards purple)

My hair is normally darkish brown but gets gingery highlights in the sun. Warmish/yellowish/olive complexion. I'll dye it when I get back from holiday so I should have a bit of a tan.

What do you think?

TrillianAstra Fri 16-Sep-11 19:51:47

No-one wants to make me dye my hair red?

whojimmyflip Fri 16-Sep-11 19:55:02

Hot chilli

TrillianAstra Fri 16-Sep-11 19:59:21

I wish we could do polls... everyone likes to take a poll.

Can I ask why? Is it just a better name? smile

whojimmyflip Fri 16-Sep-11 20:06:36

I think because you are tending towards ginger / copper and you'll have a tan. I'm not a big fan of mahogany/ purples either.

Im impressed with your preplanning and ability to wait RE hair dying. I make stupid hair dying mistakes because I am rather impetuous and want change NOW.

Of course now I've revealed my lack of hair colour choosing credentials.

TrillianAstra Fri 16-Sep-11 20:07:51

To get the good stuff I have to order off Amazon anyway so it can't be TOO impulsive smile

TrillianAstra Sat 17-Sep-11 15:05:51

Any Saturday hair-dyers want to add their opinions? smile

TrillianAstra Mon 19-Sep-11 20:35:57

I'm getting Hot Chilli. I thought I would update my one advisor smile

UnrequitedSkink Mon 19-Sep-11 20:39:36

Have you used these before? And where are the pics of real hair?! How can you order hair dye based on those little squares? I think you're very brave (or mad) grin

whojimmyflip Mon 19-Sep-11 20:54:02

Oh thank god! I've been thinking about your hair a lot grin

Are we going to get photos?!

It is quite vibrant dye. Do you regularly do it and does someone help you?

seeker Mon 19-Sep-11 20:55:34

Dd used red corvette on her red hair in the summer. It looked fab- but washed out very quickly.

TrillianAstra Mon 19-Sep-11 20:56:13

No I don't do it regularly at all. Just doing this on a whim. It'll wash out after a number of washes, if I don't like it I'll just wash it a lot.

In the past my hair has been fairly reluctant to take up dye so I doubt it will come out anywhere near as vibrant as in the pictures, especially since I don't intend on bleaching it first.

whojimmyflip Mon 19-Sep-11 21:01:22

Well I'm glad you followed my advice anyway.

TrillianAstra Mon 19-Sep-11 21:02:18

The pics of "real hair" on the box of a box of hair dye are not real anyway.

seeker Tue 20-Sep-11 08:10:55

Dd's lasted about 3 washes -and ds's blue lasted one wash and one swim in the sea. Expensive for what you get, I think!

Trills Sat 15-Oct-11 13:40:19

I'm doing it now!

Didn't do it straight after getting back from holiday because I am vain and wanted people to notice my tan - if I had come into work with red hair that would have been a bit distracting!

It does say 3-30 washes, so we'll see what kind of hair I have smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now