Talk

Advanced search

Help needed, fasion-dead lady needs a dress, which?

(8 Posts)
SnugglyDuckling Fri 16-Sep-11 15:03:21

Am attending a wedding in February.

I'm currently a size 16 but cut out all crap food, am exercising and controlling my calories and portions ... am hoping to be able to wear a nice dress to the wedding!

I have to get the dress from monsoon and budget is £75.

Obviously I can't try it on now as am in the process of loosing weight, but I have to buy the dress now as am getting it with staff friend & family discount and won't be able to after the end of the month!

I am 5ft 4, will be a size 12 by then (positive thinking!!) olivish skin, dark brown eyes and hair in sleek black bob with fringe.

Dress A - www.monsoon.co.uk/punjab-maxi-dress/invt/95300506/&bklist=icat,5,shop,women,dresses,alldresses

Dress B - www.monsoon.co.uk/all-dresses/jacqueline-dress/invt/95313525/&bklist=icat,5,shop,women,dresses,alldresses

or any other suggestions?

DottyDot Fri 16-Sep-11 15:06:16

oooh - I love dress A - with a shrug/cardi/wrap in February! I went to a wedding in early March this year and wore a Monsoon maxi dress + cardi and felt great. Maxi dresses also very good at hiding a multitude of sins body-wise - so you'll at least be able to eat at the wedding! grin

CaptainNancy Fri 16-Sep-11 15:09:13

How old are you?

the jacqueline dress seems awfully prissy to me...

SnugglyDuckling Fri 16-Sep-11 15:10:49

I'll be 27 by Feb.

SnugglyDuckling Fri 16-Sep-11 15:11:41

Hmm, prissy? I imagined it with gold accesories... al hippyish, not prissy

CaptainNancy Fri 16-Sep-11 15:20:21

Sorry- you are a lot younger than I am, and can probably carry it off beautifully! smile

Would look all 'Margot' on me...

cocobongo Fri 16-Sep-11 16:05:42

well, i think the second one looks awful on the model...... so that isn't a great sign!

the first one looks okay....

to be honest, if i was you i would wait until closer to the event when you have actually lost weight and you know can try it on. after all, the stuff that you are looking at now will likely be in the christmas sales, so you'd be able to get a similar discount then anyway. and you might decide that you prefer something else closer to the time.

corygal Fri 16-Sep-11 16:11:09

I like them both - so wait for the mid-season sale and snap em both up.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now