Talk

Advanced search

Good moisturiser with no chemicals/ harshness?

(20 Posts)
RickGhastley Fri 16-Sep-11 14:14:39

I have sensitive skin - worse now I'm PG- and most products make my skin flare up, even stuff that is supposed to be kind to skin like Simple or Olay.

So far the only successes I've had are Neil's Yard (but ££!) and the Body Shop vitamin E cream.

Can anyone recommend anything else for me to try?

Winkcat Fri 16-Sep-11 14:19:27

Have you has a look at Dr Hauschka? I had awful skin - spotty and dry patches and just dull looking. It looks great now.

I use the Rose Day Cream in the winter on Normalising Oil in the summer. It is a little more expensive but as you only use it once a day it lasts for ages.

Winkcat Fri 16-Sep-11 14:22:46

"and Normalising Oil" not "on"

Note to self: proof read before posting!

raspberryhead Fri 16-Sep-11 14:27:35

Ren stuff is brilliant, can get online. And la Roche posay (can get in bigger boots shops) is what I changed to in pregnancy because my skin got so temperamental.
Both quite ££ buy last well.

OohThatsMyTractor Fri 16-Sep-11 14:30:04

I use this moisturiser and it's brilliant, they also do a good night cream as well. I would definately recommend the other items in the range too, they smell very subtle too.

Boots used to sell them but don't seem to anymore, however you can find them in Waitrose and John Lewis and online.

Have you tried looking for Neals Yard on Amazon and Ebay? I have found it to be considerably cheaper online.

Pootles2010 Fri 16-Sep-11 14:30:28

Waitrose baby bottom butter. Just olive oil & vanilla.

warmandwooly Fri 16-Sep-11 17:06:51

http://www.nakedbodycare.co.uk/face/thirst-aid-12-hour-moisturiser.html
Saw this in Superdrug the other day. Maybe worth investigating.

TigerseyeMum Sat 17-Sep-11 21:55:46

I am crazy about Decleor at the moment because my hormonal skin went mad this year. I use their Ylang Ylang Aromessence Oil which is for oily skin but they do a whole range according to skin type - pop to a Decleor counter and ask the nice lady for some samples and she may oblige, it is expensive but good products last so cost per use it works out cheaper grin

TigerseyeMum Sat 17-Sep-11 21:58:06

Decleor's Rose D'Orient sounds like what you are looking for, if you buy try Beauty Flash's website as they are cheap with free delivery.

bibbitybobbityhat Sat 17-Sep-11 21:58:29

I have extremely sensitive skin too. If you can bear it, please save up and try something from the Roc range. It honestly is the best. If you know anyone going to France or living in France get them to buy up a shedload and send/bring it over as its cheaper there.

ZacharyQuack Sat 17-Sep-11 22:08:02

Trilogy moisturisers are all natural and gorgeous. They do a sensitive range as well.

cerealqueen Sat 17-Sep-11 22:45:21

Eucerin or Avene, both from Boots are great.

MissFoodie Sat 17-Sep-11 22:46:21

I review chemical free beauty/make up if you're interested, here are some:
http://yumetc.blogspot.com/2011/03/moisturise-me.html

onelittleclara Sat 17-Sep-11 22:51:24

Weleda products are lovely. The Rose Day cream is fantastic, and cheaper than Dr Hauscha. L'occitane's extra rich cream is wonderful, but ££

bananamonkey Sat 17-Sep-11 23:04:56

Purenuffstuff's (online) cream dream moisturiser is lovely, all natural and £8.50/pot

TapselteerieO Sat 17-Sep-11 23:06:46

I don't like anything too perfumed and avoid high street stuff this is my basic everyday moisturiser.

I have used Weleda skin food and barefoot botanicals sos - you can get little sample pots and sachets of these - my health food shop usually gives me samples to try. I always go back to my vitamin E with calendula, it is simple and effective.

TrillianAstra Sat 17-Sep-11 23:13:54

<tries to resist making a joke about no chemicals = no anything>

ComradeJing Sun 18-Sep-11 06:51:12

rosehip oil is brilliant IME especially on more mature skin or dry skin.

RickGhastley Sun 18-Sep-11 17:02:19

Wow, I went away for the weekend and have come back to so many replies!

Thank you all very much, I will have a google of these, they sound just what I'm looking for.

NeedaCostume Sun 18-Sep-11 19:05:32

Liz Earle skin repair. Buy from LE website. It is brilliant, I can't recommend highly enough.

I think it is also sold in John Lewis nowadays.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now