Talk

Advanced search

ASOS sizing

(10 Posts)
vanillagorilla Fri 16-Sep-11 14:09:15

Hi, I am going to order this coat

www.asos.com/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=1734048

in the black and dark red (as i can't choose which one, love the chestnut too but am thinking that dark colours are best for me at the moment). I am a size 14 on top, am usually a 12 but with big bust (post bf) and a 14 on bottom. However, I am, ahem, packing a little more weight at the moment than normal (round hips, waist), so should I go for the 14 and assume there is more room allowed as its a coat, or get the 16? I would order every colour in every size and try on, but DH would have a heart attack when the parcel comes.

Oh, and I saw the coat on one of the winter coat threads and loved it, so thanks to whoever posted it! So hard to find a nice single breasted coat this season, so you have saved me lots of trawling around the shops...

gilmoregirl Fri 16-Sep-11 16:50:57

My sister has that coat and I tried it on last night.

I thought it looked pretty neat - the shoulders and the chest.

I could not even get it to meet in the middle to button it up blush

Hers is a size 10 - I am a size 12 but would usually get a size 10 to at least button up so IMO it is small made (either that or I am MUCH bigger than I used to be!)

That was the top half - the bottom half is probably ok due to the style but I guess if you want to button it up with layers underneth then I would size up. I reckon I would have needed at 14 if I could not do the 10 up.

TrillianAstra Fri 16-Sep-11 16:56:44

ASOS does free returns.

Order "every colour in every size" (on a credit card) and return what doesn't fit. The money will be back onto your card before you need to pay the bill. smile

vanillagorilla Fri 16-Sep-11 17:34:06

Trillian that is what I normally do....I like trying things on in the comfort of my own home, with normal mirrors, and all my accessories to hand haha.

Gilmoregirl thats interesting to know, was the coat nice though overall, (will be using my sisters NUS so will get another 20% off, so am thinking its not a bad coat for £75ish?

Looks like I will be ordering at least 4 coats then confused

TrillianAstra Fri 16-Sep-11 17:38:04

Even better is if places have free returns but charge for delivery - hello "free delivery over £100" and hello 2-sizes-and-3-colours. smile

vanillagorilla Fri 16-Sep-11 17:42:06

Great minds, in the past have added something to basket just to get free delivery, on the basis that I will be returning SOMETHING anyway.... grin

saoirse86 Fri 16-Sep-11 18:01:26

I definitely think you'll need to try both sizes, especially if you're likely to be losing a bit of weight and/or boob in the next few months. I bought a gorgeous coat last year when I was still pg which was very tight but lost more than I expected mostly off my boobs meaning I now have no chest and now it's too big and looks rubbish. sad

I also prefer the dark red. I know you didn't ask but thought I'd let you know anyway! grin

tethersend Fri 16-Sep-11 18:19:09

Enter code HAPPYLFW to get 20% off- not sure if you can combine this with NUS discount though?

Nice coat.

vanillagorilla Fri 16-Sep-11 19:18:36

haha thanks, saiorse, like the red too but have been conned by online photography before, so ordered the black too. Tethers - just ordered before reading this thread, it wouldnt let me use free next day delivery with nus discount as well, it kept wiping one out when I added the other. If i could use both 20% off codes though guess I will be returning all of this order and re-ordering blush. Credit card company will think I am bonkers.

vanillagorilla Mon 19-Sep-11 16:08:39

So the coats arrived today, and after all that, they are too bloomin big sad. Shoulders are hanging off me, and when the coat is tied up, there is excess fabric and looks wrong. [disappointed that now have to find another coat emoticon]

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now