Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Can any one recommend me a tinted moisturiser?

(23 Posts)
sprinkles77 Fri 16-Sep-11 14:07:45

I don't get on with foundation and don't really need the coverge. But I need something. My skin is quite dry, so I'd probably need to use it on top of my normal moisturiser rather than instead of. I have a No7 one which I'm not keen on, but it is really old and it might just have "gone off" which is why it doesn't go on well. I have lots of Boots points to spend, so something they stock would be ideal, but failing that I have a budget of about £20.

DrNortherner Fri 16-Sep-11 14:10:29

I use this and can not reccommend enough. I love it. Good coverage, really makes you look less tired, and 1 tube lasts me aprox 6 months.

moragbellingham Fri 16-Sep-11 14:14:22

Try the new Garnier BB cream. I had to try quite a few stores to find the Light one though so ring ahead.

I'm a sucker for new products and was expecting it to be a bit hmm but I prefer it to foundation or tinted moisturiser. Not quite as good as YSL Teinte Parfait stuff but at 1/3 of the price it's very good.

moragbellingham Fri 16-Sep-11 14:14:57

My skin is quite dry too so I still use moisturiser under it.

HotBurrito1 Fri 16-Sep-11 14:16:33

Stila illuminating tinted moisturiser is genius. Have only seen it for sale online. It gives you a fresher complexion without being sparkly.

Cartoonjane Fri 16-Sep-11 14:16:52

Bobbi Brown- it's lovely, has a great finish.

warmandwooly Fri 16-Sep-11 15:35:28

I have some Stilla tm that I got for less than a fiver at TJ Hughes which i like. I also have the Laura Mercier one which I rate. I also have a Boot no 17 one which I use now and again. I would say take a little pot ( there is a travel set in Primark at the mo with them in) and take it or them to different brands like Laura Mercier etc to get a sample befor you buy.

Graciescotland Fri 16-Sep-11 15:47:53

Aveda, lovely, long lasting and has an spf.

FreakOfNature Fri 16-Sep-11 15:55:53

I've just started using Liz Earle's new skin tint, very light, great coverage and spf 15.

FIFIBEBE Fri 16-Sep-11 19:10:02

Think you can get samples of the Liz Earle one online. Keen to give it a go.

TadlowDogIncident Fri 16-Sep-11 20:38:44

I like Clinique City Block - has varying SPF so you can get whatever suits you. It gives a bit of coverage, so it evens out my skin tone a bit, but it isn't mask-like in the way that foundation often is. Shiseido also used to do a good one, though it's a while since I bought it.

polyhymnia Fri 16-Sep-11 20:56:55

Laura Mercier are the best, IMO. Also like the Becca one very much.

gladyoucame Fri 16-Sep-11 21:06:45

I love the LM one but bought the Garnier BB this week and it's great value for money. On me this week I can't see much difference so given price difference, LM possibly slightly more coverage. BB really easy to apply and feels nice, but my skin looks ok this week, may change next week! LM one about £30ish BB one £9ish

sleeplessinderbyshire Fri 16-Sep-11 21:09:02

i've just started using the benefit one (the paler one in the pale tube not the dark one in the red tube)

TheGrassIsJewelled Fri 16-Sep-11 21:25:23

The Olay one with Max Factor is good (and cheap).

twinklytroll Fri 16-Sep-11 21:26:54

I have a Chanel one which is excellent. I have also used the benefit one in the past which is also good. I think the Chanel one has the edge - for me anyway.

nailak Fri 16-Sep-11 21:28:55

is there any bb creams for darker skintones?

1gglePiggle Fri 16-Sep-11 22:08:12

I would also recommend garnier bb cream. Better than LM in my op

kitya Fri 16-Sep-11 22:08:58

Dermalogica do a fab one.

1gglePiggle Fri 16-Sep-11 22:09:22

The garnier cream blends a lot better than LM, better for drier skin.

kitya Fri 16-Sep-11 22:10:28

www.jerseybeautycompany.co.uk/dermalogica/sheer-tint-moisture-spf15-light.htm

sprinkles77 Sat 17-Sep-11 16:49:04

Right ladies. Thanks for your recommendations. I have bought the garnier bb one and used it with my normal moisturiser. Seems ok though have bought the lightest shade and still seems a bit dark! The colour is printed on the box but not the tube hmm which seems a bit odd. I did try the lancome one but it somehow made my skin feel dry even with moisturiser.

slummybutyummy Sat 17-Sep-11 22:01:32

Nivea! It costs about £4 but I got it half price at tescos on offer - seriously its so cheap but very good coverage and I love it. Used to just mix my MAC foundation with moisturiser.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now