Talk

Advanced search

Kiwi Sheepskins?

(15 Posts)
Tigerinmysoup Fri 16-Sep-11 13:27:33

Hi, has anyone had a pair of Kiwi Sheepskin boots? I am looking for a pair of winter boots but can't justify paying out for Uggs, and these look similar. Just wondered if anyone had anything good (or bad) to say about them?
Thanks.

AlpinePony Fri 16-Sep-11 14:39:10

hello, I bought a pair of these about 6 years ago I think (not the tall, just the normal height ones). Gorgeous colour and quality and very very similar to the genuine article. I made a boo-boo though and got all confused about their sizing as at that time, they had a whole garbled bit about UK sizes vs US sizes vs you get the picture - and I ordered what is probably a UK 8 rather than the UK 6. So they've only been used as house/garden shoes.

I have been very pleased with them - it took only 6 days for them to reach me all the way from NZ (!) and I would definitely order from them again. Got myself a pair of cheapies 5 quid in the Tesco sale... but they're nowhere near as nice. So if I ever feel I've got a bit of spare cash hanging around I would order from them again but I'd double-check the sizing and maybe even give them a call to make sure I got it right.

Or maybe I'm jsut a numpty. blush

anniemac Fri 16-Sep-11 14:51:14

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

FreeButtonBee Fri 16-Sep-11 20:37:39

Mine arrived today! I got the EVA soled grey boots (for wearing as slippers). They are v comfy but, tbh, i would be a bit wary of wearing them outside as they don't feel massively sturdy. Now i have nothing to base this on other than my initial impressions.

ShirleySharpeyes Fri 16-Sep-11 22:41:22

I have had both Kiwi Sheepskins and Celtic Sheepskin boots in the past few years- I was really pleased with the Kiwi ones until they fell apart after 2 years (worn through at the ankle to a big rip/hole at the ankle). I replaced them with a pair of Celts (from sunny Cornwall) and they have lasted much longer, and IMO the sheepskin is much thicker and better quality, more durable sole and no sizing hassle and if they need repairing they will do it for you. Worth the extra £££ for buying local!

Littlepumpkinpie Sat 17-Sep-11 15:13:26

I will give another thumbs up to buying british smile celtic sheepskin are lovely well made boots and so snuggly.

PPPop Sat 17-Sep-11 15:46:33

I get Celtic sheepskin too, quality brilliant. They wash really well too in the washing machine and come up like new. I got a pair of uggs in the sale and they were still same price as celts and the quality seems identical.

PPPop Sat 17-Sep-11 15:47:52

Ooh, I also got some sheepskin insoles from Celtic sheepskin and use them in some leather boots I have. They are toasty, like wearing slippers out now, and the insoles only cost about nine quid.

Tigerinmysoup Sun 18-Sep-11 19:58:22

Thanks for that - think I'm sold on the Celtic ones now instead! Would much prefer to buy British and they do sound good. Right, where's my credit card.......

ShirleySharpeyes Sun 18-Sep-11 22:54:06

smile Hope you like them!

peasandlove Mon 19-Sep-11 03:21:11

If anyone is interested in buying NZ ones, the sizing for women is 2 sizes out - a UK 6 = NZ 8 etc

PoppaRob Mon 19-Sep-11 04:37:48

They look very similar to the Emu Outback model from here in Oz. The reinforced toe gives it a bit more shape and they have a proper heavier tread on the sole so they last longer and grip better. The price is good too. My Emus were AUD$220 a couple of years ago and the Kiwi ones are only AUD$140 or so!

KellyKettle Mon 19-Sep-11 16:15:43

I have just order some similar to these from TK Maxx by BearPaw

No idea what they're like but I looked at UGGs on Saturday but couldn't bring myself to pay £200 for something with the same sole as my cheap flip flops. I just can't see how they'd last.

These were £40 and have a rubber sole so I don't feel as worried about how they'll survive the inevitable grim winter.

Tigerinmysoup Tue 20-Sep-11 21:56:23

Hi again - quick question for those that have Celtic boots (just getting round to ordering now!). Do they come up big/small? I'm size 5.5 so would normally buy a 6, but seeing as you usually wear them barefoot, am thinking I might be better off with a 5. What do you reckon?

PPPop Wed 21-Sep-11 13:02:08

They are tightish to start with but stretch over time (go tighter again if you wash them). I wear with socks and without around the house, they get a bit sweaty without socks I find. Hmmm, not sure then, I would probably go a size down if I was you but I am sure you could send back easily and return for larger if you find that doesn't fit.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now