Talk

Advanced search

What are you saving for...?

(7 Posts)
VelvetSnow Fri 16-Sep-11 11:19:12

I'm saving for this Ring, DP bought me a similar one when on holiday one year and I think it only cost about 8 EUR.

I saw this a few years ago - when it was only £100, it has now gone up to £140 but I'm going to save £10 for 14 weeks and it's mine smile

I have never been able to justify such a one off purchase but I think we all deserve a treat now and again.

What are you saving for?

dottyaboutstripes Fri 16-Sep-11 11:48:04

Nice smile

Well - DH travels a lot for work whilst I stay home with the kids (we have 6 and no family/help or I could go with him sometimes) and he told me a couple of weeks ago that he has enough airmiles/hotel loyalty points for us to have a trip to NYC. So if PIL are agreeable to having the children at some point during school holidays (they live several hrs away), I'm planning on a bit of a spree. Not sure what yet but I'm sure there'll be plenty to take my fancy - suggestions welcome. We are really hoping we can go the week before Christmas or maybe for NYE, we'll see!

higgle Fri 16-Sep-11 11:53:19

This year I will resume my saving for one of the more ornate Brora cardigans.
Last year I spent my Brora savings on the fee to a dogs home for my rescue Staffie and having his poorly teeth sorted out ( worth every penny)

iWILLdothis Fri 16-Sep-11 17:38:28

a whole new-me wardrobe after baby's born (and I've lost some baby weight)! grin

TarquinGyrfalcon Fri 16-Sep-11 17:57:18

These and this

saoirse86 Fri 16-Sep-11 18:08:00

Ooh love the bag tarquin!

I'm very strapped at the moment but was shopping today for my mum's and niece's birthdays and saw a gorgeous bag. It's £80 but there were only 2 left and I just know they'll be gone soon. How will I save that much in about 3days?! Maybe I need to ask dp to buy it as an, ahem, early Christmas present. hmm

TarquinGyrfalcon Fri 16-Sep-11 18:54:47

Thanks - I spend ages lusting after it online - I hope that one day it will appear (in red) in TKMaxx for about £30. I only every go to TKM about twice a year so obviously it would have to be on one of those days grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now