Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

The Perfect skinny jeans for those of us blessed with "athletic" legs

(5 Posts)
ujjayi Fri 16-Sep-11 11:07:48

I tried on a pair of the newly launched Martha's but wasn't totally impressed with the fit. Found the denim a bit "slack" and they just didn't sit right.

I have now bought Miss Selfridge Super Skinny Jeans as an alternative. They are fab as they are really NOT super-skinny because I cannot begin to get my athletic legs into a pair of truly skinny jeans! IMO they are the same fit as Marthas - perhaps closer fit at the ankle. They also have a decent mid-rise on them so no muffin top or arse cleavage issues.

This is the link to the "ginger" version which I have (gorgeous colour) but they have a wider range of colours than this.

neuroticmumof3 Fri 16-Sep-11 15:17:40

I've got a pair of Martha's on today. I think they're cutting of the circulation of my 'athletic' calves. Think getting them off later is going to be a battle.

TapselteerieO Fri 16-Sep-11 16:26:04

That is good to know about the MissS jeans, I would never try on superskinny the name would put me off, I am petite though so wouldn't get the same range of colours, the review of these get a similar, i.e not considered skinny review.

TracyK Fri 16-Sep-11 16:30:10

They LOOK super skinny and v. low rise to me!

ujjayi Fri 16-Sep-11 21:59:17

They do look very skinny on the website but really they aren't. Definitely same fit as the old Marthas but a better fit around the waist, imo. I have worn them all day without any need to rearrange the waist etc.

Tapsel the name would have put me off too only I saw them in store first and realised they weren't as scary as I would have thought!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now