Talk

Advanced search

Please help, not a bad hair day but bad hair life!!!

(4 Posts)
devientenigma Fri 16-Sep-11 10:23:21

Hi, I'm 40 and for over a year now I seem to sweat loads apparantly through my head, everywhere else seems fine, I'm sure it's early menopause. However my hair, which I now do in stages so as not to sweat loads is a mess within minutes of doing it, sticking out, flicking etc you would think I had just got up. What should I do??

jinkers Sat 17-Sep-11 15:55:54

Hello there- I am 43 and similarly afflicted! My hair is really thick and coarse, and hard to manage anyway, even without the hideous sweat issue. I have recently started using dry shampoo as soon as my hair is dry, before I try to tame it with straighteners, which has helped a lot. I try to leave it to dry naturally without blow drying as long as possible to minimise the heat issue, blow dry, dry shampoo, leave for ten minutes, straighten, then put on some hairspray. All a bit time consuming, but otherwise my head resembles a burst sofa (according to a work colleague!). Good luck!

mummy2munchkin Sat 17-Sep-11 19:31:05

jinkers, have you tried redken, this one - http://www.lookfantastic.com/hair/redken/haircare-ranges/redken-all-soft/redken-all-soft-heavy-cream.html

mummy2munchkin Sat 17-Sep-11 19:31:25

www.lookfantastic.com/hair/redken/haircare-ranges/redken-all-soft/redken-all-soft-heavy-cream.html - did that work better?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now