Talk

Advanced search

Damp and smelly Uggs

(8 Posts)
CompleteMug Fri 16-Sep-11 06:06:54

Eldest DD came home shamefaced and fished a smelly pair of black Uggs from the boot of her car. She'd been walking in them last weekend through a wet field, threw them in the boot and forgot about them. They're damp-stained now and stink of smelly damp.

I don't have any Ugg cleaner stuff - can anyone help me?

Thanks smile

PrimaBallerina Fri 16-Sep-11 09:06:22

Post in good housekeeping. They have the knowledge! I can only suggest stuffing with newspaper and I'm not sure that will do much.

WorzselMummage Fri 16-Sep-11 09:09:02

Can't you put uggs in the washing machine?

louby86 Fri 16-Sep-11 09:10:32

Can you take them to a dry cleaners when they've properly dried out?

youmustbeyolking Fri 16-Sep-11 09:11:19

Uggs can be put into the washing machine. Use a low heat 30 or 40 then reshape whilst damp and dry somewhere warm. Not directly on a radiator but nearby.

Doyouthinktheysaurus Fri 16-Sep-11 09:14:45

I have washed my Celtic sheepskin bootsmin the washing machine. I used washing liquid for wool and silk because I couldn't find the special stuff I had bought!

A delicate wash then I stuffed them with newspaper when they came out and left them near a radiator to dry naturally.

They came out fine.

ChunkyMonkeyMother Fri 16-Sep-11 09:18:21

I have a pair of cardi uggs which I got for Christmas - they are my prized possesion but towards the end of February they were getting pretty wiffy and a bit damp sad

So I stuffed them with newspaper and a few drier sheets and left them to dry out and stop smelling, then I took it all out and put them back in the box with all the original packaging inside and a few more drier sheets inside and around them - They've come out smelling and looking fab - So glad I did it - My cousin did this with her black original uggs but she just give them a quick wipe with a damp cloth first to get rid of any mucky bits

XxX

ladyasriel Fri 16-Sep-11 09:23:33

there was a really good older thread on washing Uggs in the machine if you have a search. Apparently that's all the dry cleaners do!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now