Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Really want this whistles dress but they don't have a 10 - any ideas what I could do?

(19 Posts)
Pinkflipflop Thu 15-Sep-11 21:17:03

this paloma print dress

It's the navy dress with a full skirt, knee length, £95 - sometimes links are funny with whistles.

I just love it but they don't have a 10 and neither does John Lewis - any ideas what I can do?

Really love it

RamblingRosa Thu 15-Sep-11 21:20:10

Try some other department stores that stock Whistles? House of Fraser? Selfridges? Have you contacted Whistles to ask if they'll be getting more sizes in stock?

SheWhoMustNotBeFlamed Thu 15-Sep-11 21:22:25

Call them - they will find one for you.

Pinkflipflop Thu 15-Sep-11 21:23:28

Have tried all the on-line stores I can think of. Maybe I will phone Whistles but I just assumed if it wasn't online then it isn't available.

Pinkflipflop Thu 15-Sep-11 21:24:02

Ok - thanks I will phone tomorrow.

ujjayi Thu 15-Sep-11 21:24:03

House of Fraser used to stock Whistles. Not sure if they still do.

Alternatively, call head office and ask them to search branch availability for you?

MatLeaveForever Thu 15-Sep-11 21:24:24

Checked asos and they have the dress but not your size! You could eat lots of donuts and buy a bigger size maybe smile

ChippingIn Thu 15-Sep-11 21:25:33

Diet or eat cake??

fluffles Thu 15-Sep-11 21:25:44

phone them.

or if you really love it that much buy a 12 and take it to a dressmakers... should be relatively ok to take it in i think.

LiveYourBestLife Thu 15-Sep-11 21:38:51

If all else fails the usual better quality high street stores will have seperates to achieve this look just add a belt. Hopefully you could mix, match and swap 4 ever and ever.

Bellavita Thu 15-Sep-11 21:43:33

There is an 0845 number on their site.

Hope you are successful.

higgle Thu 15-Sep-11 22:25:45

It is a really lovely dress - I want one too!

ladyasriel Thu 15-Sep-11 23:49:01

my local department store was also out of the 10 - she said they have flown out because they are so cheap. I'd have nabbed it otherwise.
The dresses this season are just fantastic - at least you could choose any one of about 6 others and they are still brilliant (maybe not so much of a steal though)

MoreSenseThanMoney Fri 16-Sep-11 09:40:30

Is this the one? If so, it's on ASOS! here

I'm tempted to get one myself. It's lovely.

There's also 20% of ASOS at the moment with the code on Money Saving Expert. I'll have a look to see if I can find it.

MoreSenseThanMoney Fri 16-Sep-11 09:43:12

It's HAPPYLFW. Valid until 23 September.

MoreSenseThanMoney Fri 16-Sep-11 10:12:56

Oh dear. It looks like the size 10 had sold out.

When MatLeaveForever checked yesterday it was out of stock but they definitely had it this morning so it might be worth checking regularly to see if it changes.

IME, ASOS items often become available again after they have shown as out of stock.

areyoutheregoditsmemargaret Fri 16-Sep-11 10:18:06

There are some lovely dresses on the site but jaysys, they're expensive!the one I liked the look of is £175. When did Whistles get so spenny?

iarebaboon Fri 16-Sep-11 10:42:45

Eat cake till the 12 fits

FreeButtonBee Fri 16-Sep-11 11:04:43

I find that things are still in the shops even if they say sold out on the website. Love that dress - can I justify another Whistles dress - why, yes, I think I can! I have 4 atm for work and they are brilliant. V comfy, fitted but not overly tight, and wonder of wonders, have SLEEVES! Which is a must have for over air-conned offices. They are expensive but cheaper than a suit, particularly when you buy the jacket and never wear it, like I do...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now