Talk

Advanced search

Quick question - I have chunky calves and where should I look for winter boots?

(15 Posts)
Northernlurker Thu 15-Sep-11 20:23:02

Right I want to be a proper grown up with grown up boots this winter. I have a pair of ankle boots from last year but I want proper higher up boots for wearing with dresses. As flat as possible. Chunky calves and wide feet here - where should I look?

Paribus Thu 15-Sep-11 20:24:06

Duo

StellaAndFries Thu 15-Sep-11 20:24:56

Duo are fab for chunky calves, I also have some lovely boots from Evans which are a lovely fit and my calves are 16 inches round.

Northernlurker Thu 15-Sep-11 20:26:24

Oooh that looks good but I am 200 miles away from either shop......can't buy boots on-line. It's not going to work.

lostinindia Thu 15-Sep-11 20:27:45

M&S and Next do a wide fit.

Northernlurker Thu 15-Sep-11 20:39:50

Evans I can do - worth a look then.

doglover Thu 15-Sep-11 20:44:48

Fitflop boots are roomy.

marge2 Thu 15-Sep-11 20:48:48

The boots I bought from White Stuff last year were really baggy round the calves on me and I would say I have normalish calves. They were wonderfully comfy apart from sagging round my ankles.

PacificDogwood Thu 15-Sep-11 20:50:31

I have bought multiple boots from Duo, all on-line and they are fab. They tell you what and how to measure, you put it all in handy tick boxes, et voila! Not cheap, but I have been wearing them for several years now blush.

iliketeabutprefercoffeetoday Thu 15-Sep-11 20:56:48

I've always found evans boots fit my chuncky calves (like a footballer someone once told me hmm) and a lot of their shoes come in wide fitting too.

I also have some fly knee length boots, which are fine with a denim skirt or with some dresses, but not the most dressy boots ever seen.

picnicbasketcase Thu 15-Sep-11 21:00:58

I found some lovely ones in Stead and Simpson, wore them so much that they out. So I bought two more pairs. Can't usually get the zips all the way up.

Northernlurker Thu 15-Sep-11 21:12:02

Stead and Simpson I can try, also White Stuff.

Fly - oh dear I've seen some in a shop window and I thought they looked perfect - back I go with the Mastercard I think!

LauraMercier Thu 15-Sep-11 22:28:56

Fat face boots are 'generous'

MissVerinder Thu 15-Sep-11 22:57:03

If you want to give the plastic a holiday, Tesco and George at Asda have got some decent leather ones in.

I bought some from tesco last year, thinking they'd last about 3 months, but they're coming out the wardrobe for this winter!

Also, I got some lovely knee length biker boots from Asda, £38. The finish on the leather is awful, but I have put some leather restorer and layed polish on it and they look much more expensive now smile

Carrotsandcelery Thu 15-Sep-11 23:00:15

Duo explain how to measure your calves and do many different fittings. If the boots don't fit you can return them. I couldn't recommend them highly enough - I just wish they did wellies too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now