Talk

Advanced search

Sorry but HUNTERS again

(14 Posts)
rusmum Thu 15-Sep-11 19:56:44

Just seen the neoprene ones, anyone have any experience of these? Will they keep my feet warm? ar ethey any better than the normal ones? Are there any alternatives?

brighthair Thu 15-Sep-11 20:17:10

Neoprene are def warmer. What do you want them for? As in walking or every day or for snow?

rusmum Thu 15-Sep-11 20:28:27

wanted a pair to cover all ports, for camping in the rain and mud, very wet days and the inevitable week of snpw we will get in january lol x

brighthair Thu 15-Sep-11 20:36:56

They're pretty warm but the inner neoprene went on the heel of mine. How about muck boots? Or rydale do some nice one you can wear with jeans etc

rusmum Thu 15-Sep-11 20:38:15

muck boots are huge arent they? will googlr rydale thanks

brighthair Thu 15-Sep-11 20:44:59

Some are def chunkier!! I swear by my ariat grasmeres but they are a bit pricey!! Survived 2 years in deep mud though and totally non slip
Le chameau are highly rated wellies

LiveYourBestLife Thu 15-Sep-11 20:58:35

Fashionable footwear should rule first, simply wear with a couple of pairs of socks to insulate your feet and toes, add an inner-sole or wear tights with socks anything goes when u need to keep dry and warm especially if no one can see a thing. If you really want to push the boat out cashmere socks add a touch of luxury to any welly. Or for a kinky edgey look try wearing knee high wool socks with your wellingtons, with matching wool hat and gloves.

SheWhoMustNotBeFlamed Thu 15-Sep-11 21:26:27

I have just ordered some shearling lined ones but i fear they won't go over my thundering calves.

ujjayi Thu 15-Sep-11 21:29:07

I have the neoprene lined ones and they are really snugly. I wear with ski socks in light snow but revert to proper snow boots for anything heavier.

Thehusbandsatcricketagain Thu 15-Sep-11 21:48:08

I have neoprene hunters as I have reynaulds in my feet & they kept my feet toasty last winter in mega minus temps,much better than dh regular ones.........only thing is that if you wear them in the spring/summer then they are quite hot & sweaty

Lottieloulou Thu 15-Sep-11 22:10:54

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Lottieloulou Thu 15-Sep-11 22:12:09

rusmum Thu 15-Sep-11 22:33:14

lol i haveso,e old aogle parcour iso boots, would wear if essential but ugly , will e bay them as they have a bit of life left in them. wanting something prettier lol (saddo) Lottie- y not hunters?

Lottieloulou Thu 15-Sep-11 22:49:04

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now