Talk

Advanced search

Lipstick help

(15 Posts)
sloggies Thu 15-Sep-11 16:42:21

Looking for a good middle-priced lipstick that is not pearly etc, with good pigment and staying power, but not one of the indestructable two-part ones that dry your lips out and have to be removed with special removers, if that makes sense. Any help from the Wise Women of MN appreciated...

warmandwooly Thu 15-Sep-11 17:18:35

Never tried it irl (only tested one on my hand) but the Kate Moss Rimmel ones look like nice shades. What about Lipstick Queen for Boots no7. They look nice and think there maybe a 3 for 2 @ Boots so you could stock up. Bourjois maybe worth a try too.

tothesea Thu 15-Sep-11 17:31:46

Dunno am afraid I am a complete lipstick dunce. Just wanted to tell you not to get the Lipfinity stuff - I got sucked into that 3 for 2 and Boots forgetting as usual why I rarely buy make up (because I always choose crap) OMFG my lips are utterly des troooooooyed. After one day of wearing it!!! They feel like sandpaper, so so dry.. the powder I got is crap as well. Feel like complaining... will my lips ever be the same again!

40notTrendy Thu 15-Sep-11 17:33:11

MAC lipsticks are vv good, they do a pigment rich one, amplified I think. £14 but worth it.

MABS Thu 15-Sep-11 17:36:45

totally agree 40nottrendy, always MAC

poppydog2 Thu 15-Sep-11 17:39:23

Clarins do a nice one that claims to last for hours...it doesn't last as long as it says(i know if i could remember the name it would be good but alas having a blonde moment and can only say it is a gold case). Its lovely and hydrating on the lips, has a good depth of pigment and lasts til lunchtime!!!

sloggies Thu 15-Sep-11 17:53:22

Thanks for this.

QuinnFabray Thu 15-Sep-11 18:21:46

I've tried all different kinds, MAC, Clinique, No 7 etc, and my favourite is the Collection 2000 lasting colour ones, for £2.99. They don't dry my lips out and they last for ages and ages. Nice colours too.

MooMinCow Thu 15-Sep-11 18:42:34

love MAC, but Revlon super lustrous lippy in creme finishes are fab alternative!

whojimmyflip Thu 15-Sep-11 18:42:44

Tothesea - you should take it back to boots. I've done it before. You paid money, it didn't deliver. Nuff said.

Unfortunately there is no such thing as long lasting lipstick, I mean one that lasts for hours. Just pigment rich ones - apply with a pencil, blot, reapply and then reapply periodically.

tothesea Thu 15-Sep-11 19:44:14

thanks jimmy I think I will!!

PJFanClub Thu 15-Sep-11 19:45:24

6 lipsticks that suit everyone

in the mid-high end price range though

Nippysnippy Thu 15-Sep-11 20:03:32

I really rate Mac Ruby Woo. It's a bright red but feels lovely on and doesn't turn crusty. It is a statement lipstick so be aware! The matte range from Revlon is nice. Again it stays put but doesn't turn puckered and flakey.
Rimmel does a range in a pink case that are super pigmented and have a feather soft texture. The shades are bold though.
I found Max factor and number 7 to be a total let down.

RamblingRosa Thu 15-Sep-11 21:22:42

I rate MAC and Bobbi Brown. Not sure if they're "mid range" though. Revlon might be worth a go. And I got quite a nice lippy from the Body Shop recently. Oh and No7 have a fairly decent selection of colours. Not sure how long lasting they are though.

Nagoo Thu 15-Sep-11 21:35:05

I love the revlon ones, they stay on all day and don;t dry you out. I didn't like the two parters but the colourstay ones in the gloss-type tube are fantastic IMO.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now