Talk

Advanced search

Yesterday I went shopping

(15 Posts)
CoffeeIsMyFriend Thu 15-Sep-11 11:23:10

and bought a pair of Jimmy Choos. I was with my sister in law, we went to lots of shoe shops and I tried on hundreds lots of pairs of shoes, but the Choos were just so perfect - well made and comfortable that I bought them.

They are for a wedding and I am pretty sure that I will get my moneys worth out of them as they are classic and wont date.

But I feel so extravagant, I have worn them round the house this morning with my old cleaning clothes on and laughed at myself when I caught a glimpse in the mirror.

meltedchocolate Thu 15-Sep-11 11:24:51

Ooo lucky you! Can you find them online and link so I can be properly jealous?

CoffeeIsMyFriend Thu 15-Sep-11 11:26:16

yes here is the link

choos

GaramMasalaGirl Thu 15-Sep-11 11:31:53

Oh gosh they are truly a thing of beauty!! And you're right about them never dating. Good for you.

meltedchocolate Thu 15-Sep-11 11:40:21

Also agree they will never date. Worth the money for that and the quality!

PrimaBallerina Thu 15-Sep-11 11:45:32

If they have leather soles you'll need to get them redone with actin rubber layer at a cobblers if you intend to wear them outside. I know it seems a shame but they'll get wrecked very quickly otherwise and you'll be gutted.

PrimaBallerina Thu 15-Sep-11 11:46:01

A thin rubber layer that should say!

CoffeeIsMyFriend Thu 15-Sep-11 12:41:09

lol prima I was trying to work out if this was some sort of fettish thing.

OK will wear them to wedding and then get them done. It is a church and hotel thing so not a lot of outside walking and then I have flip flops for dancing later in the evening when I am pissed tired.

FunnysInTheGarden Thu 15-Sep-11 13:04:30

lovely lovely and will not date. I am envy

CoffeeIsMyFriend Thu 15-Sep-11 13:30:56

have staggered around in them in the bedroom today. Will put them on later this evening once the kids and dogs have gone to bed.

NurseFleischerBaum Thu 15-Sep-11 15:27:07

<faints from the beauty of the shoes, despite not being a shoe person or able to walk in heels>

CoffeeIsMyFriend Thu 15-Sep-11 19:44:36

these shoes are the nicest fitting heels I have had in a while, not because they are 'designer' as I also have Prada shoes and they are only kittenheels but are killers on my feet. They are made well and fit my foot nicely.

Off upstairs to put them on again.

LiveYourBestLife Thu 15-Sep-11 21:57:04

Aw wow peep toes have been my signature style 4 years have peep toe wedges, flats, high heels etc but no peep toe Jimmy Choo's yet. If you ever get bored can I have first refusal..ta

CoffeeIsMyFriend Fri 16-Sep-11 20:12:17

liveyour I would have to say no to your thoughtful request, my SIL has first dibs as she helped me choose them. wink

Have stripped and changed beds whilst wearing them today, tidied up and generally stuck my feet in them every time I go upstairs. I must be the best shod housewife in my town. grin

WitchesBrewIsMyFriend Sat 08-Oct-11 22:26:42

was just on a thread where people wanted answers after giving advice/ideas.

So; wore the shoes to the wedding and partied in them. Yes, they were high, but god damn they were also comfortable. I did swap to flats later in the evening for a while but then put them back on for the end of the night.

All in all I wore them for 7hours ish before swapping to flats and the next day I got up and could walk without hobbling. They are now cleaned and back in their little shoe sachets in the box for another day. grin

The End!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now