Talk

Advanced search

Trousers for a baby with long legs

(10 Posts)
TabithaTwitchet Thu 15-Sep-11 08:36:04

Now the weather is getting colder and she can't just wear short rompers, I am struggling to dress DD - she has such long legs!

She is only 3 months, I would like to have her in babygrows, but ones with long enough legs have her upper body completely shrouded in baggy swathes of material.

She is not especially chunky, just long - does anyone know where I can get nice, soft trousers or dungarees, appropriate for a young baby (ie not denim etc) which are long in the leg without being massive in the waist, and don't cost a fortune?

whojimmyflip Thu 15-Sep-11 09:10:06

have you looked at H&M - they always seem long in the leg to me

WorzselMummage Thu 15-Sep-11 09:13:12

h&m and m&s seem to be good for long thin people smile I've got some tesco babygrows that seem quite long in the leg too.

Two4One Thu 15-Sep-11 10:19:15

Petit Bateau is good. Their clothes are perfect for long skinny minnies. Make sure you go up at least two sizes though - they are ridiculously small. At 3 months you will need 6-12 months. They will advise you in the shop, they automatically tell everyone to size up as French clothes are notoriously tiny. Which is weird, because French children are no shorter, bu I suppose they are slimmer. DS is 18 months and we are in 3 years! The beauty of them is they are very narrowly cut so no shouler gapeage or baggy tummy.

TabithaTwitchet Thu 15-Sep-11 10:23:59

Thanks, will look at H&M. Am always put off it as the one nearest us is SO untidy.
There is actually a Petit Bateau shop in town, but I thought they were supposed to be pricy?

accessorizequeen Thu 15-Sep-11 11:58:26

I would try next, always found them to be very long.

TheGrassIsJewelled Thu 15-Sep-11 12:05:43

Our long-legged DD gets on well with Asda leggings. Just don't tumble dry them...

ThatsNotMyBabyBelly Thu 15-Sep-11 13:17:48

I find mini mode at boots to be long and skinny

TabithaTwitchet Fri 16-Sep-11 08:32:24

Off into town this afternoon to try and find something (liking the leggings idea, guessing they would be less likely to be too loose). I have looked at the one pair that she has already that almost fit right and they are M&S 3-6 months (no way they will last to 6 months, they are just the right length now and she is barely 3 months).
Will people look at me as if I am mad if I try clothes on her in the shop?

accessorizequeen Fri 16-Sep-11 11:24:58

Yes grin. Take the pair of leggings with you that fit, much easier!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now