Talk

Advanced search

Help! Wedding shoes for someone who can only wear small heels at best...

(13 Posts)
VenetiaLanyon Thu 15-Sep-11 08:26:19

...and has wide, non-dainty feet. I really can't go down the Louboutin route; I need comfort after a foot injury.Also, I like things to be very plain and simple; no frills or furbelows, but this rules out 95% of the wedding market confused. Must be ivory to match dress.

Any cunning ideas? Thanks smile

Ifancyashandy Thu 15-Sep-11 09:13:47

these?

PrimaBallerina Thu 15-Sep-11 09:15:00

Ballet pumps? Are they going to show? If your dress is floor length you have more options.

Ifancyashandy Thu 15-Sep-11 09:24:18

or these?

Or do you want no heel at all?

minipie Thu 15-Sep-11 10:55:24

these are very plain

these do have baubles, but they're very cute

Also ballet pumps like these (though I'm sure you could find some cheaper)

this website is useful as it lets you search by heel height and it also lists some extra width fitting shoes.

VenetiaLanyon Mon 19-Sep-11 10:08:30

Sorry to disappear. Some really good suggestions here, so thanks to all smile

I particularly like minipie's ones with baubles, although was thinking that maybe I needed straps to make me feel more comfortable that they wouldn't come off halfway down the aisle, leaving me to stand and smile in mute appeal for help....

emsyj Mon 19-Sep-11 10:54:58

Elegant Steps have officially the biggest range of wedding shoes in the UK - they have a bricks & mortar shop on the Wirral which is worth a visit if you're anywhere nearby.

I love Rachel Simpson shoes - and now sell them (although shoes aren't my main 'thing'), so if you want a pair (check out the full range on her website) private mail me and I'll send you a discount code. They are quite expensive but lovely.

SnakeOnCrack Mon 19-Sep-11 12:00:45

Well I love these -

Irregular Choice

But you did say plain (and I have ignored that obviously!!) so I also like these -

Shuh

canyou Mon 19-Sep-11 12:26:26

Snake I have given those shoes as a gift to my Best Friend who gets married next week I just love them [very tight budget so we have all tried to gift her pieces for the day]
They are not that high and seem very comfortable.

minipie Mon 19-Sep-11 13:13:20

Venetia if you're worried about slipping out of them, I would suggest some of those heel gripper strips (the suedey ones)? Helps stop the shoe rubbing there too.

Ifancyashandy Mon 19-Sep-11 14:42:54

minipie's bauble ones are lovely. Can't comment on the Irregular Choice ones as can't abide any of their shoes!

minipie Mon 19-Sep-11 15:05:05

<tangent>

emsyj - random and slightly stalkery q but were you on YAYW a lot, in the "unconventional/alternative" section, a couple of years ago?

emsyj Mon 19-Sep-11 16:18:51

Hmmmmm very possibly minipie!!!
I always use the same username for everything, otherwise I just get confused blush.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now