Talk

Advanced search

Booked the works - come and hold my hand / judge me

(10 Posts)
Avinalarf Wed 14-Sep-11 20:23:28

I came into a little bit of money this month and today I booked in for next week to have:

- my teeth whitened (wanted it done for years)
- an invisalign brace fitted on my crooked lower teeth and possibly a small veneer, too <eek>, and... <drum roll> ...
- botox in my frowny forehead (I honestly have aged about 10 years this year after a lot of stress and now look permanently tired and miserable)

I am now feeling a combination of scared, excited, shallow, stupid and did I mention excited?

Come and tell me good things about all of this.

moondog Wed 14-Sep-11 20:24:38

Good for you!
Can we have before/after pics please?

Avinalarf Wed 14-Sep-11 20:27:00

Thanks
Will deffo post up befores and afters grin

I rarely treat myself to anything more than a yearly facial, but I honestly feel I need to do something to brighten up my appearance before I descend into cragginess prematurely!

gapants Wed 14-Sep-11 20:27:31

That is wonderful, and I would love to get my teeth professionally whitened! THE ONLY thing I would say about the botox, is once you have it done once, you ten are making a financial commitment to maintain it to some degree I think. What have you been told about that?

JohnniesBitch Wed 14-Sep-11 20:27:56

Yayy lucky you! If that's what you want to do go for it. I had my teeth whitened at a smile clinic they did a fab job am
Now in process of saving for an invisible brace for my bottom teeth.
I'm sure it will be a boost for you after a tough year.

Avinalarf Wed 14-Sep-11 20:29:41

I havent had the consultation, yet, gapants. Doesnt it just wear off, and if you want to maintain it you top it up, otherwise you leave it? I suppose I just want to try it to see if it helps. I know it will be dangerous if I love it and want it regularly grin. But I've got a big birthday coming up and just thought 'ph sod it, at least I'll look fabulous for that!'.

I am not usually a vain or appearance-obssessed person, honestly! <sits in Primark jim jams with hair in scraggy ponytail stuffing face with peanut butter toast>

gapants Wed 14-Sep-11 20:34:48

No I think you are right op it is just I think for me, I could not go down the wrinkle free rabbit hole as I might not have the £500/year to top it up and then feel sad about it!

So glad you are going for it though, cannot wait to see the pictures.

Avinalarf Wed 14-Sep-11 20:37:31

I know!@gapants. i am a bit worried about getting 'tha habit'. I am also very fearful of ending up looking like Nicole Kidman (no offence, she was a ntaural beauty, but I don't want her more recent scary line-free face, just could do without the deep furrows between my brows!).

Avinalarf Wed 14-Sep-11 20:37:39

excuse typos

KenDoddsDadsDog Fri 16-Sep-11 06:55:29

I have had teeth whitening and baby Botox. Haven't developed a habit, just top both up about every 6 months.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now