Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Flowers

(8 Posts)
ChablisLover Wed 14-Sep-11 18:08:49

Not necessarily a s&b topic but I thought you ladies would be best to ask.

I am looking to send flowers to my mum for her birthday and am looking for recommendations for the best online (and best value) florist.

Thanks

ggirl Wed 14-Sep-11 18:23:21

Best way is to call your mum's local florist , ask what's in season and order over the phone.
You're supporting the local highstreeet and getting a product that is tailor-made for your mother.

ChablisLover Wed 14-Sep-11 19:29:02

My only issue is that the local florist closed - I blame the tesco and asda in the town. So was looking for online.

If I order interflora does it go from a local florist?

MrsMilton Wed 14-Sep-11 19:43:36

I have used this company a few times. The reception has always been positive. They come in a box so your mum would have to arrange them in a vase. I can recommend the orchids. SEP2011 gets you 10% off.

celticlassie Wed 14-Sep-11 19:47:28

I would second Bunches - I use them for my mum and she's always been really pleased. Much better value than interflora florists.

ggirl Wed 14-Sep-11 19:51:40

Interflora orders may come from your most local florist , depends what you order.
Google florists in the nearby towns and call them.You will get better value actually speaking to the shop or ordering from their own website.
What town is it?

40notTrendy Wed 14-Sep-11 19:55:23

I had a bouquet from here recently www.wigglywigglers.co.uk/shop/category.html?activecategory_id=15

it was lovely. Came with a jar to display them in which can be used again.

ChablisLover Wed 14-Sep-11 21:33:27

Thanks

Will try those out

I'm in a wee village in the back of beyond in northern Ireland. Mum is in the next 'big' town

Will try yell to see if there are any florist nearby who would deliver. I agree it would be better value and can discuss exactly what I want. So annoyed the florist closed down. She had done my wedding flowers and they were always lovely and good value.

Will also check out those websites

Thanks all.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now