Talk

Advanced search

How lovely is the Lucia?

(22 Posts)
dalek Wed 14-Sep-11 17:57:20

Do you own one? How has it worn? Have the corners worn out or faded?

I am tempted to buy one but I have bought bags in the past which have looked worn (not in a good way) after a few months' use.

Your challenge, should you wish to accept, is is to persuade me to buy a Lucia.

Dalek

bertiecat Wed 14-Sep-11 18:52:32

I've said it on MN threads before and I'm saying it again - my Lucia is great! - takes a pounding from me as I am not good with lovingly looking after them - holds everything I need, hangs on to my shoulder whatever and although it was at the top end of my budget - was worth it.! It no longer looks brand new cus it isn't but still looks stylish and comfortably smart - wearing jeans or town smart clothes - had mine 6 months - continual use now - buy buy buy it!! grin

Fisharefriendsnotfood Wed 14-Sep-11 18:55:15

Link?

TuttoRhino Wed 14-Sep-11 19:32:34

Mine is only about 3 months old and still looks great. I love it. I have the grey one.

cardoon Wed 14-Sep-11 19:36:40

grey one - I didn't know it came in grey!

madammecholet Wed 14-Sep-11 20:05:31

here

I got mine the beginning of the year in camel, wear it with everything, have used leather protector on it every few months as its a light colour and it's still pristine. The leather is grainy, lovely and soft and it has been a really good purchase for me. I am pretty tough on bags, with 2 dc's and I also use it for work.

Coming out in chocolate brown any day too, read on another thread today...but I am also debating getting another in Navy for winter...

cardoon Wed 14-Sep-11 20:09:25

Have you seen the grey madammeC?

mrsrobbiewilliams Wed 14-Sep-11 20:10:57

Ive got this one here, really love it! grin. nice leather, takes all my gubbins and looks really nice. Was alot of money for me, but well worth it. so pleased with it, DH says nicest bag i've ever had too......

madammecholet Wed 14-Sep-11 20:12:51

cardoon they had grey online when I bought mine, but not seen it since.....

TuttoRhino Wed 14-Sep-11 21:24:28

I got my grey one via Red Direct but they're sold out now.

TattyDevine Wed 14-Sep-11 22:25:18

I've got one. They are lush. Don't buy via Red direct because they seem to cost £30 more!

I got mine in the Spring and have 2 young kids. My daughter drew on it with ballpoint (the Camel one so it really showed!) and I nearly disowned her (she was only 1 at the time) but it came off with some perfume and some leather cleaner stuff! I had waterproofed it too which helps. Its worn well. I can't believe it survived the ballpoint without removing the dye when I removed it. I know its crazy to use perfume on a bag like that but it disolves everything and I had nothing to lose.

Nowt wrong with the corners or anything and its butter soft and beautiful still. Get it!

polyhymnia Wed 14-Sep-11 22:27:47

Yes sadly grey no longer available but P and M told me today chocolate brown out any day now. Choice will then be black navy and brown. All in nubuck.

bertiecat Thu 15-Sep-11 06:56:58

Tattydevine what a great tip - the perfume I mean! what did you do - just dab it on and rub it off? - must be good leather not to bring the colour out with it!!shock Not heard of that before so thanks!

dalek Thu 15-Sep-11 08:44:31

Thank you ladies. I can feel myself being swayed grin As there is no zip across the top (I sound like my mother!) doesn't your stuff fall out when you chuck it in the car?

madammecholet Thu 15-Sep-11 09:21:14

No, because the flap covers the entire top section, plus it doesn't flop down into a squishy mess, it keeps its shape.

cardoon Thu 15-Sep-11 09:23:28

Hahaha dalek, my bag always does that in the car hmm

Is the camel one nubuck?......<<wonders how leather and nubuck differ>>

madammecholet Thu 15-Sep-11 13:42:00

Nubuck is a soft sort of grainy leather, and yes the camel is nubuck...

lifted from wiki.....Nubuck (pronounced /&#712;nju&#720;b&#652;k/) is top-grain cattle rawhide leather that has been sanded or buffed on the grain side, or outside, to give a slight nap of short protein fibers, producing a velvet-like surface. It is resistant to wear, and may be white or coloured.

ireallyagreewithyou Thu 15-Sep-11 13:49:43

how long is it?
i dont like them long - look mumsy

bertiecat Thu 15-Sep-11 13:56:47

Its not down to my hips ireallyagreewithyou, it sits against my waistline (i'm 5ft 7)... look at pic here on mannequin ..may help.

ireallyagreewithyou Thu 15-Sep-11 13:57:22

thanks looks hippy

bertiecat Thu 15-Sep-11 13:59:52

how tall are you? If you're shorter than me, then yes it's going to come lower....

cardoon Thu 15-Sep-11 17:48:20

Thanks madammecholet, was a bit worried it would be stiff like my nubuck shoes.......wonder if they'll bring grey back for spring 2012......?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now