Talk

Advanced search

Navy Dress / Black leggings?

(10 Posts)
UmYeahLikeTotally Wed 14-Sep-11 16:01:55

I'm looking for a going out/club outfit for my upcoming holiday to LA and have a question for you all!

I'm a size 16, hourglass/pear shape. I've already got a 3/4 length sleeve skater dress which is really flattering, but it will be too hot for LA. I've been looking for a sleeveless dress in the same style and have found this one on ASOS. Not too sure about the red/cream...I prefer dark colours so the Navy would be good.

My question: Can I wear a navy dress with black tights/leggings?

I would probably wear my shoes which are similar to these.

Would this be a big no-no? Help!

happilyeverafter Wed 14-Sep-11 16:07:38

Navy and black is a great look, I would only tend to avoid it if the navy were very dark so the difference isn't very obvious. It works best where the color difference is very visible, mixing in different textures too can look really strong, so silk dress, suede shoes, velvet bag etc,

PrimaBallerina Wed 14-Sep-11 18:07:28

I wear navy and black together all the time - you will look great. I like that dress in all colours but would probably buy navy too.

MatLeaveForever Wed 14-Sep-11 19:17:27

My school uniform was navy and we had to wear black shoes/tights so to me it goes!

Have fun in LA! envy

Magnumwhite Wed 14-Sep-11 19:24:02

M & S do some nice navy leggings. i've got some to go with a navy flowery dress and they are great!

SlinkingOutsideInSocks Wed 14-Sep-11 19:42:00

I have a black and navy dress which I wear with black opaques - it's an outdated rule which you can ignore.

Geordieminx Wed 14-Sep-11 20:44:22

Navy and black is fine.

Shoes are hideous though, sorry. Don't think they would work with tights either. Sorry.

chipstick10 Wed 14-Sep-11 21:29:56

I never wear black and blue, especially navy and black i cant abide it. Apparently you are not supposed to wear black and brown together and i do all the time, so what do i know grin

MilkChic Thu 15-Sep-11 09:53:11

Message deleted

PrimaBallerina Thu 15-Sep-11 10:36:50

Yes I don't think matching navy leggings would work at all.

The whole what shouldn't be worn with what debate is confusing. I read on here the other day that I shouldn't wear black shoes with blue jeans confused.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now