Talk

Advanced search

Pretty fleece for girl - 8 yrs - where?

(19 Posts)
jennifersofia Wed 14-Sep-11 13:53:26

Doesn't have to be pink! Print is fine. Any ideas?
(ps also looking for very good tights for girls - must be cotton or cotton wool mix. We seem to put holes in them immediately!)
Thanks

JohnniesBitch Wed 14-Sep-11 14:01:13

h&m- some lovely ones in there last weekend up to an age 9 i think. cheap too about £6

louloubelle Wed 14-Sep-11 14:06:24

Joules?

MrsVoltar Wed 14-Sep-11 14:09:05

LaRedoute have some nice girls stuff at the moment, got leaflet in post this morning.

mythical Wed 14-Sep-11 22:05:03

i know you said it doesn't have to be pink but i can only find pink!

www.matalan.co.uk/fcp/product/fashion-to-buy-online/Kids-New-Arrivals/Spot-Print-Zip-Front-Hooded-Fleece-in-Candy-Pink/41411&resultsPerPage=100&attrList=Dept,brand?cmpid=9

TapselteerieO Wed 14-Sep-11 23:22:23

Peter Storm

Peter Storm hoodie.

jennifersofia Thu 15-Sep-11 00:14:19

Thanks for looking ladies, but still can't find what I am looking for! I was hoping for a thin-ish fleece, preferably zip up, that could be worn as a layer under a coat, in a pretty (small scale) pattern. Failing that, a fleece for a girl that isn't pink or purple, but still feminine! Am I the only person interested in this kind of thing?

accessorizequeen Thu 15-Sep-11 09:22:38

H&m do have loads of those if you look on the website, there was a black and White spotty one plus star patterns and stripes. They're fab. Also try places like Little Trekkers? I expect one of the outdoor stores does what you want.

accessorizequeen Thu 15-Sep-11 09:35:23

Muddy puddles had a few nice girls fleeces too.

TapselteerieO Thu 15-Sep-11 09:38:57

Look at regatta, you might not get a patterned one but they have slim/light weight fleeces, I got dd a burgundy one with small polka dots, millets also do Peter storm they usually have different patterns dd had a blue with white polka dots from there. Have you checked out next?

after8itsbliss Thu 15-Sep-11 09:39:09

Have you tried Landsend-Kids section outerwear, they have numerous fleeces for girls in different colours. This is one -

www.landsend.co.uk/pp/ThermaCheck-100-Hoodie~8244_1186.html?bcc=y&CM_MERCH=IDX_00020__0000001174&origin=index

TapselteerieO Thu 15-Sep-11 09:45:10

Too thick kids window.

instantfamily Thu 15-Sep-11 10:11:20

I'll be watching this thread as I've only ever seen one nice fleece jacket for kids 3 years ago. It was from Next. Usually fleeces have horrible colours and/or patterns, I find.

psammyad Thu 15-Sep-11 14:05:20

Uniqlo (XS size) might just be OK for an 8yo unless she's tiny, and they often have colours & patterns that are pretty without being too girly.

DD had a favourite, quite thin, one from there (tbf was in the sale, otherwise a bit pricey for kids clothes), though she had to roll the sleeves up at first so maybe not great for layering.

PlumSykes Thu 15-Sep-11 17:18:30

Spotty at American Apparel

LiveYourBestLife Thu 15-Sep-11 22:07:53

I get fleeces and base layers for my daughter every year at Trespass clothing. Good value.

thaliablogs Sun 18-Sep-11 21:01:27

Must it be 'feminine'? because both my son and daughter have this polarnopyret.co.uk/child-fleece-jacket-732 which they wear under rain jackets or on its own depending on weather. They also have a slightly different design in red or blue.

jennifersofia Mon 19-Sep-11 01:05:31

Thanks for all those tips ladies, I am getting there. Yes, thaliablogs, dd would say it has to be feminine. I would love it if she would go more towards the one that you mentioned (apart from affordability factor), but she would never wear it. Thanks though.

Nevertooearlyforcake Mon 19-Sep-11 01:05:58

Second the Polarn o Pyret fleece. £££ but can pass from child to child and Ebay resale not bad. Love them.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now