Talk

Advanced search

Direct me please - I need a pair of smart trousers and don't know where to start!

(7 Posts)
Millie1 Wed 14-Sep-11 11:00:40

I haven't bought smart trousers in ages having been going through a dresses/tunics phase then last two winters so bear with me!! I would like trousers which are smart enough to wear, say, on a Sunday, to dress up with nice tops and heels (but not evening trousers!), that sort of thing. I haven't a clue what cut I should be looking at. I'd like to wear them with maybe kitten heels or ankle boots? Am presuming black would be best.

Was browsing on LK Bennett last night and quite liked Eve but they're a cigarette leg and would maybe be out of fashion by this time next year (I'd also like them to last for more than one winter). Think I liked rather too much on the LKB site, their knitwear is lovely grin.

Any suggestions please?

Thanks!

TapselteerieO Wed 14-Sep-11 11:25:26

They look a fairly timeless shape, classic, I don't think l.k bennett is about fashion, especially not basics like trousers.

Did you try them on? What shape are you? I think they should be quite flattering.

warmandwooly Wed 14-Sep-11 11:49:35

monsoon http://www.monsoon.co.uk/pandora-ponteroma-straight-leg-trousers/invt/96306888/

monsoon http://www.monsoon.co.uk/halle-long-trousers/invt/96301123/

Millie1 Wed 14-Sep-11 13:45:10

Thanks guys. No, haven't tried, just looking on-line and stumbled across them. Am 5'7, slim but with a bit of a tummy!

Am off to look at the Monsoon links nowgrin

bunjies Wed 14-Sep-11 13:51:47

I really like the fit and quality of Banana Republic clothing and they have a 25% off promo on trousers atm grin.

warmandwooly Wed 14-Sep-11 18:44:43

If you buy Instyle magazine there are some discount vouchers for Warehouseetc. Might help!

Millie1 Wed 14-Sep-11 19:16:41

Hadn't thought of Banana Republic. Shall have a look thank you. And at Warehouse too! Thanks smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now