Talk

Advanced search

Hair Dye - Too Dark :(

(11 Posts)
deltawab Wed 14-Sep-11 10:41:47

Supposed to of been a medium brown, but is more like black! although the roots aren't a bad colour! I've washed hair in vosene and will try washing up liquid tonight, but hair isn't in the best condition as it is - so re-colouring or colour b4 isn't an option really. And cutting is out of the question too! any other ideas? How many times should i wash with the washing up liquid or is it a case of leaving it on for a certain length of time?

ScarletLady01 Wed 14-Sep-11 11:07:16

What hair dye was used?

NotInTheMood Wed 14-Sep-11 16:32:21

bumping for you as having the same problem let me know if you find any thing that works

sykes Wed 14-Sep-11 16:34:33

Head and Shoulders can help and swimming - the chlorine lightens up. Of course, you probably don't have the time to go swimming.

sowrong Wed 14-Sep-11 16:48:21

There's a product called 'colour B4' that takes hair to the colour it was before you made the mistake. My son had to use it,and it works smile

daenerysstormborn Wed 14-Sep-11 17:01:54

agree head and shoulders is great at stripping out colour, i always use it when the colours come out a bit too dark.

Nippysnippy Wed 14-Sep-11 17:08:21

Well if your hair can withstand it you could get a bleaching kit (the ones with the mascara wands) and run a few strands around where if frames your face. If it turns out too light just pop a semi on top with a red undertone to avoid any green breaking through.

deltawab Wed 14-Sep-11 20:24:53

Thanks for the replies, Scarlet, it was nice & easy med golden brown - 24 shampoo one. I have used it in past and it does look dark to begin with, then gradually washes up to a nice medium brown, but its gone too dark this time, borderline black with lighter/reddish roots! I've washed my hair this afternoon with fairy about 5 times and twice with vosene - its looks about 3% lighter! Its a real bugbear of mine when my hair colour isn't right. But i daren't put another colour on it, its been through so many colours this year, and i'm loosing loads of hair when i wash it so i think i'm just gonna have to keep the goth look for a while which just looks crap on me and ages me about 15 years sad

TattyDevine Wed 14-Sep-11 22:20:36

If you are really unhappy, ColourB4 is actually less drying and damaging than washing up liquid if you do it more than once (the washing up liquid that is). Consider it as it sounds like you have colour build up which is causing your blackness and root glow.

daenerysstormborn Wed 14-Sep-11 23:00:40

i've never got on with nice n easy, have found their colours too dark. i did my hair with the lightest brown once and it came out almost black!

Scartette Thu 15-Sep-11 16:02:32

Head and shoulders once a day will lighten colour within a few days.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now