Talk

Advanced search

Arraaagghhh just had a medium brown put on by the hair dresser and me hair looks black eeek

(13 Posts)
NotInTheMood Wed 14-Sep-11 10:19:12

She did say it would look dark at first and fade but I wasn't expecting black it doesn't look brown at all. Please reassure me it will fade!!!!

NotInTheMood Wed 14-Sep-11 10:19:29

'my' sorry

simbo Wed 14-Sep-11 10:21:33

Just look at thecolour of the water when you wash it. They always leave too much dye on your hair that washes straight out.

NotInTheMood Wed 14-Sep-11 10:26:40

Ive washed it 4 times since yesterday and the colour is still running out so hopefully that's a good sign although my hair still seems the same iykwim. I keep thinking are you sure you put brown on my hair and not black!!! I was a blonde a few months again then went light brown but the blonde kept showing through too much but now its black im not having much luck with hairdressers at the moment. I just don't think im rocking the goth look im avoiding wearing black at the moment. On a plus note my hair does look lovely and shiny.

NotInTheMood Wed 14-Sep-11 10:27:20

'ago'

bananamonkey Wed 14-Sep-11 10:44:13

I dye my hair 'medium-brown' (not dissimilar from my natural colour), with both semi-perm and permanents I have to live with a couple of weeks of looking like a goth before it fades to the perfect colour (lots of blusher required). I have tried going straight for a lighter colour first instead but it looked awful.

Also if you still have blonde in it, bleached hair is more porous so will look darker at first. I'd give it 2 weeks and if it hasn't faded go back.

NotInTheMood Wed 14-Sep-11 11:52:43

Ah thank you that has made me feel so much better. I do like how shiny it is but people don't seem to recognise me

Nippysnippy Wed 14-Sep-11 12:24:49

Well of you are unhappy with it you can use Colour B4 and then apply a warm semi perm brown. After a week you can then colour your hair with a perm shade.
I have had this problem and it hasn't washed out because I'd previously bleached my hair and the hair just grabbed the colour.
Dyes always turn out darker. I find that anything darker than med brown turns too dark. Also be careful with the timing as just a little over can make a big difference in the depth of colour achieved.
I would avoid the 10 min colour ones too as they develop too quickly.

NotInTheMood Wed 14-Sep-11 16:28:22

ok eek I seem to have one hair disaster after another lately

TheBolter Wed 14-Sep-11 18:53:22

I'm the same as bananamonkey. In order for my hair to settle at the perfect colour I have to go really dark for a week or two. Hate it. But it settles down to a honey caramel colour eventually. I used o walk out of the hairdressers with the perfect colour but be really brassy within a month or so.

Fear not.

MissBeehiving Wed 14-Sep-11 19:25:09

TheBolter speaks the truth. 2 weeks and it will be perfect.

miche8 Wed 14-Sep-11 20:55:24

i too dye mine medium brown to cover the greys and it always looks too dark after - about a week/6 washes it looks perfect for about 3 weeks and then the greys start to show again.

TattyDevine Wed 14-Sep-11 22:18:36

It'll be fine.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now