Talk

Advanced search

Which falke tights are warmest?

(7 Posts)
ComradeJing Wed 14-Sep-11 05:58:11

it will be bloody cold this winter again. I'm a boots,tights and dress type I've been hearing falke do the best tights. Which are warmest please? The merino wool ones?

poppydog2 Wed 14-Sep-11 07:04:35

Oh i want to know too!!!

ComradeJing Wed 14-Sep-11 14:23:55

bump!

happilyeverafter Wed 14-Sep-11 16:02:06

I tried the seidenglatt 70 last winter. They were fairly warm, looked nice and had a slight sheen (rather than shiny) but were rubbish at staying up. They pulled easily too although none of the pulls went into holes,

M&S autograph merino tights were very warm but very wooly looking and patchy looking in places. Looked rather shabby.

I am wearing M&S 60 deniers than come in a mutipack for £10 rather than keep pulling the Falkes up.

spiderslegs Wed 14-Sep-11 16:48:35

The merino are the warmest, I have always bought Falke but last year as happily said, they buggers would not stay up, kept having to hoik & ended up with big holes around the crotch.

Don't know whether they've changed their sizing or are using different elastic. Also the merino ones do tend to get a bit bobbly. Cotton touch tend to wear better & still very warm.

Might try the Woolford merino blend this year, bought about eight pairs of Falke last year & they're all fit for the bin.

mythical Wed 14-Sep-11 20:12:22

to be honest my favourite pair of tights is a £3.50 super cosy microfleece inner from primark. they are amazingly warm!

ComradeJing Thu 15-Sep-11 01:33:13

Agh bugger. Ok will have a look.

What about the brora cashmere ones?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now