Talk

Advanced search

LK Bennett stretchy suede knee high boots

(10 Posts)
ferfer Wed 14-Sep-11 04:35:33

I am thinking about buying some LK Bennett stretchy suede knee high boots but I will have to buy them online and am worried about the calf size. I'd say my calves were pretty average but I do find some knee high boots won't fit. Anyone know how generous the stretch is? Thanks.

Thumbwitch Wed 14-Sep-11 05:12:11

But do you fit into wellies? This is the real question. If wellies are too tight, you might have troubles. wink

I can't answer for the LK BEnnett ones but I have some cheaper ones, Italian style name but can't remember it, and they have about 2" stretch on them. My calves are 15" round at their widest point and I can get into my boots no problem. John Lewis sell the LK Bennett ones - can you not get to a JL and see if they fit?

ferfer Wed 14-Sep-11 05:38:27

I do fit into wellies!!
I live in Australia so can't try on.
My sister is going to pop into LK Bennett and do a stretch test for me.
Thanks for the advice - will be off to measure my calves.

Thumbwitch Wed 14-Sep-11 05:41:20

well you should be ok then smile

Where are you in Australia? Haven't seen you on the living overseas board, have I? Or am I just unobservant? (I am in NSW, north of Sydney)

ferfer Wed 14-Sep-11 08:14:27

I'm in Adelaide, South Australia. Over ten years now but I still hanker after the UK. Am v excited that John Lewis is now shipping to Australia!

whoneedssleepanyway Wed 14-Sep-11 12:48:17

I have had several pairs of these in the past, they aren't super super stretchy I have to say but that was why I liked them as they kept their shape and didn't sag like other stretchy boots have a tendancy too and end up with Nora Batty ankles.

I personally think the LKB ones are now very over-priced though, a couple of seasons ago you could get them for around £150 and now they are well over £200. They are nice boots though.

FreeButtonBee Wed 14-Sep-11 19:44:18

I have last year's and have sturdy calves. They fit fine. Do get them re-heeled asap as the heels really don't last.

ferfer Wed 14-Sep-11 23:07:19

Thanks so much for the advice. I agree they are overpriced but they are just what I want. Am going to take a risk. Am currently on a diet so if they are a bit tight will help to keep me going!

overthemill Wed 14-Sep-11 23:42:57

i have 2 pairs , black and brown using for work. i think they are not super stretchy. but v comfy!

ferfer Wed 28-Sep-11 08:20:30

My lk bennett boots arrived today in Australia. Good old John Lewis! They fit easily and are fab. Was surprised how easy to take on and off. thanks for the advice.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now