Talk

Advanced search

Catalogues/mail order/online clothes - who do you regularly order from?

(15 Posts)
champagnesupernova Tue 13-Sep-11 21:25:05

I have recently noticed I have fewer catalogues to peruse .
And lots of shite I don't want (artigiano I am looking at you)
I do have Toast and poetry (not keen tbh)
Obviously JOhnny B adds to the old recycling pile regularly.

I have fallen off the list from lack of purchase and so signed up again for Brora and Long Tall Sally
Get email newsletter from all of the arcadia group (too fecking often)

Who am I missing?
(for me or my DSes actually)
TIA

faustina Tue 13-Sep-11 21:27:00

anthropologie is quite a nice catalogue to look through

champagnesupernova Tue 13-Sep-11 21:28:31

oh and Asos
(can't afford net a porter and so don't really wanna look grin)

champagnesupernova Tue 13-Sep-11 21:39:06

ooh yes faustina, anthropologie does look nice.

ColdSancerre Tue 13-Sep-11 21:42:05

Artigiano bother me too. Please stop. I just put your catalogue straight in the bin. It's a waste of the world.

moondog Tue 13-Sep-11 22:33:00

Wrap
Pure
White Company
Isabelle Olivier

I get that weird Artigiano one too.
Didn't know Anthropologie did catalogue...smashing.

champagnesupernova Wed 14-Sep-11 21:43:33

Lol at the recycling mountain created by Artigiano
Seriously though I don't know anyone who dresses like that.

faustina Wed 14-Sep-11 23:00:43

Plumo quite good too

Poodlehorse Thu 15-Sep-11 13:07:31

Joules, hit and miss to be honest but I like some stuff. Celtic Sheepskin, not that I can afford most of it. I like a look through Pia but rarely buy and never for myself but if jewellery counts then them. I too am bothered by Artigiano and something else similar I can't remember that goes straight in the bin. I also get Land's End stuff as some of it is bearable and I can get the trousers hemmed to the length I need, and I like to be warm. So sometimes fashion has to take a wee back seat. Ditto Hawkshead. On a different vein I also get MandM Direct as I find them useful for DS. But I don't like things that have too many labels so not much I would buy in all honesty. And that rules a lot of Joules out too of course.I don't mind being sent stuff once per season but it is eveyr other week with some and now they have Autumn Winter but some Winter stuff not released yet so you need a new catalogue. Boden I mean you. I think I have fallen off the list for Joe Browns as I have never actually bought from them. Oh and Kew. Took me ages to get them to send me anything at all.

aquavit Thu 15-Sep-11 13:50:24

I tend to take myself off hard copy catalogue lists as I usually browse and order online and they just go straight in the recycling (so virtuous!) but I do like the White Co and Brora catalogues and get sucked into buying things from them that I would pass over on the website or in the shop (case in point, spotted something lovely in the Brora catalogue only last night that I hadn't noticed online and popped in to get it this morning).

Wrap I really like but the catalogue actually puts me off as it makes things look like they are just v frumpy things being made to look glamorous by being put on skinny beautiful moddles. But in fact they are often nice irl.

Boden catalogues make me want to vomit, even more than the website.

Must go and check out the Anthropologie site

southcoaster Thu 15-Sep-11 14:43:34

www.theoutnet.com has all the Sale stuff from net a porter and you can find some really good bargains on there sometimes.

NurseFleischerBaum Thu 15-Sep-11 16:20:44

Wrap, Boden, Anthropologie, Celtic Sheepskin, Toast, Jack Wills, Aubin and Wills, White Company, Sweaty Betty, Pure, Isabelle Oliver...

All these beautiful catalogues come through my door for some reason, but I buy pretty much everything online from Topshop, Uniqlo and eBay grin (and French Sole for shoes)

MissBeehiving Thu 15-Sep-11 16:25:02

I don't many catalogues but order online from HoF, Zara, Mango, Mango Outlet (my best place to shop atm), Mint Velvet, Topshop, New Look, Uniqlo, Hush, Ebay Outlet

vonnyh Thu 15-Sep-11 16:35:17

La Redoute

champagnesupernova Thu 15-Sep-11 17:33:36

Ooh these are all good. Wish John Lewis had a catalogue, I know it is more ecologically virtuous to browse online but easier to see on the printed page.
Well actually obv it's prob better to be avid and wise and not buy new clothes at all

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now