Talk

Advanced search

Need a dress for my 10 th wedding anniversary meal.

(9 Posts)
nobodysfool Tue 13-Sep-11 19:46:53

Please help im at a loss.
DH is taking me away for the weekend to Brighton for our 10th wedding anniversary.
I need to find a dress for the evening. I'm a size 12 but only 5ft 1 and E cup boobs so im having a mare to be honest.
I dont mind showing a bit of boob but skirts no higher than my knee <<fat thighs>>.Im brave with colours and designs but just need some ideas....pllleeaasseeeee .

tethersend Tue 13-Sep-11 20:03:36

This is lovely

nobodysfool Tue 13-Sep-11 20:19:02

very pretty but fancied something with a bit of va va voom

tethersend Tue 13-Sep-11 20:52:01

What's your budget?

Sleeveless or sleeved?

Cherry10 Tue 13-Sep-11 21:50:27

I have a similar problem... I am also 5ft 1 and find it difficult when it comes to shopping for clothes.

I was just about to employ an image consultant to learn the general tricks and rules to shopping though instead I filled out my details on this website called the image mistress. It's kinda like an online stylist that will tell you your body shape and then links you to clothing that will suit... it is a free resource and 2 of the tops the site recommended I purchased, looked pretty good! smile

Either that or you could go to John Lewis or some of the bigger department stores where you can book a free image consultant?

Happy Hunting

MABS Thu 15-Sep-11 17:26:59

where you been in Brighton so far Nodders?

herecomesthsun Thu 15-Sep-11 18:33:19

I like [http://www.bravissimo.com/pepperberry/products/sale/dresses-and-skirts/day-dresses/jewel-dress/teal/nm07te/?show=16&sort=1&dress=12 this] but it might be too long on you.

herecomesthsun Thu 15-Sep-11 18:33:51

this

nobodysfool Thu 15-Sep-11 22:34:59

sorry went AWOL for a while i would like some sort of sleeves as im a chilly bod.I dont even know where we will be going just fancied getting dressed up for the evening.

I love the colour of that one herecomesthsun but i have one thats quite similar already.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now