Talk

Advanced search

Am I losing my mind to be considering these boots?

(20 Posts)
HelenDamnation Tue 13-Sep-11 16:39:47

These ones here

I want a good solid pair for winter, obviously, to wear mostly with straightleg jeans as I have muscular calves (not as good as it sounds, trust me!), am bored of leggings/tunic look and can't really do the drainpipe jean look. Not for work or anything but for regular wear. I walk a lot, live in a rainy country, and cannot summon my style sense these last few weeks.

FunnysInTheGarden Tue 13-Sep-11 17:02:12

I quite like them, but wouldn't the woolly bit get wet in the rain?

carlywurly Tue 13-Sep-11 19:19:18

Well, they look comfy smile

But agree with Funny. I bet once that woolly bit is wet and smelly, they won't be particularly appealing to wear.

Mumsnut Tue 13-Sep-11 19:39:26

HATE THE BOOTS, LOVE THE NAME

thisisyesterday Tue 13-Sep-11 19:41:33

i think they would be terrible in the rain, sorry. not just the woolly bit either... the rest is suede and will just get damp really quickly

I do like them btw, just not sure they're what you are after if you need something a bit more practical?

HelenDamnation Tue 13-Sep-11 21:29:39

I knew I was losing my mind!

I know the woolly bit would be all soggy round the ankle and all that. I know. I want a quick-on, sturdy, good looking leather boot, is what I want.

FunnysInTheGarden Tue 13-Sep-11 22:33:08

then look no further than here

FunnysInTheGarden Tue 13-Sep-11 22:34:11

btw, not a rep for FLY, just love these and have been looking for years for something similar! Mine were £70 and not £120

moondog Tue 13-Sep-11 22:34:30

Go ahead.

If you want to look like a Serbian serf chopping wood.

FunnysInTheGarden Tue 13-Sep-11 22:38:26

lol moondog. No Serbian Serf would be able to afford my lovely Fly London boots!

chickchickchicken Tue 13-Sep-11 22:38:39

funny - i like those fly boots. where did you get yours from for £70? are they comfy as they look?

FunnysInTheGarden Tue 13-Sep-11 22:41:27

well they haven't arrived yet, but I am hoping they are as comfy as they look! I got them from an Amazon reseller called Scorpion Shoes. I'll let you know when they arrive what they are like.

I have 4 pairs of Fly London flip flops and live in them, due to the comfort factor, so I am hoping for the best!

chickchickchicken Tue 13-Sep-11 22:46:23

i havent tried fly shoes before. i like the boots, will try and find them for £70. what colour did you order?

TapselteerieO Tue 13-Sep-11 22:55:12

Be careful with Fly boots, the stitching stops them from being waterproof, and considering the price they are more of a fashion boot than winter weather boots imho (I have one pair of fly shoes and one pair of Fly Mols), mine are not waterproof in the slightest.

chickchickchicken Tue 13-Sep-11 22:59:18

thanks for the warning. i need waterproof boots

kerrymumbles Tue 13-Sep-11 23:00:24

they look like undercover Uggs

chickchickchicken Tue 13-Sep-11 23:01:34

sorry OP, i got sidetracked. i like the look of the boots you linked to but i dont think they would be practical for an everyday boot

pamplemousserose Wed 14-Sep-11 06:53:50

Clarks do a waterproof goretex range

FunnysInTheGarden Wed 14-Sep-11 11:02:39

chickchick mine are petrol blue and I will most likely wear them as a smarter going out boot, although I had hoped they would be waterproof! I'll let you know when they arrive.

HelenDamnation Sat 17-Sep-11 19:13:12

I know those knitted cuff ones are off the shopping list. Fly ones look good but something unexpected during week has bashed my budget so I'm going to have to save my pennies and maybe get them next month.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now