Talk

Advanced search

Stretch Marks, I just don't think men care about them as much as women do.

(11 Posts)
LDNmummy Tue 13-Sep-11 14:56:33

Hi everyone!

So having my first baby has left me with a whole swirl of stretch marks like a tornado just passed over my tummy.

I am quite comfortable with them as I know they are natural and from having my baby which is fine. I don't however want them to be red forever and would like them to fade sooner, although I heard it takes a long time for that to happen with red one's.

So recently I have been doing a bit of research into stretch marks and there are a lot of products and reviews and blogs/ vlogs by women trying to get rid of stretch marks permanently. Although It seems to cost a fortune and be very time consuming, I may very well end up hating my stretch marks post birth and feel the same as many other women who try to get their pre baby bodies back, so not judging BTW.

What I noticed is that a lot of these women who do online reviews or blogs/ vlogs, say their husbands or men generally don't seem to mind. I think this is a great thing, but was wondering what MN's have experienced in regards to men and stretchmarks.

Do men actually mind?

TheCrackFox Tue 13-Sep-11 15:11:32

DH says he loves them (I don't believe him) but TBH I don't love them and it is my opinion that counts.

There is nothing that actually gets rid of stretchmarks so whether you love them or hate them you are stuck with them.

Butterflybows Tue 13-Sep-11 15:16:39

I'll be watching this thread with interest!

As a newly-ish single mum (after 21 year marriage) I can't imagine any man not being repulsed by my stomach/abdomen which is totally covered in stretchmarks.

I hope I'm wrong. Mind you, what man would dare say his partners' stretchmarks are a complete turn off?

LDNmummy Tue 13-Sep-11 15:26:47

No I definitely don't think a long term partner or DH would say it.. at least if he has any common sense he wouldn't grin

I am more curious about new partners though. I do think that if any man is luck enough to get that intimate with a woman he likes, he wouldn't complain about stretch marks when he is about to encounter the Holy Grail. Unless again he lacked common sense.

Birdsgottafly Tue 13-Sep-11 15:29:09

Men don't notice the finer points on a womans body that other females do. They certainly aren't put off by them either.

Only spend time plucking your eyebrows etc for your own benefit.

Most men will tell you (as females will) that confidence is what's sexy.

lubeybooby Tue 13-Sep-11 15:29:26

Being covered in them and having not even slightly repulsed any man yet and there have been many a few, I think they really couldn't give a stuff.

I'd be slightly more concerned with a younger man though that isn't used to how bodies tend to go after childbirth. Not attracted to younger ones though so phooey, I don't care.

peterpan99 Tue 13-Sep-11 15:38:20

i had to point them out to my partner (i was devestated, i got them a week before i gave birth) he looked at them and said 'well they dont bother me' turns out they dont bother me either!

cleanteeth Tue 13-Sep-11 16:30:18

My DP is well known for being very honest when asked a question and he's said he doesn't care about my stretchies (yes, i have a nickname for them), in fact he barely notices them.

I think mens eyes just tend to go to boobs, bum and vajayjay and skip over the finer details to be honest!

Stretchmark creams DO NOT WORK. Save your money. Buy wine and then you don't care if you have stretchmarks.

Insomnia11 Tue 13-Sep-11 17:21:15

Pond's Cocoa butter fades them, I find, temporarily anyway. But mine are pretty faded as from puberty rather than pregnancy.

LDNmummy Tue 13-Sep-11 17:58:24

I'm a raw Shea Butter and Cocoa Butter gal myself, haven't been applying at all though. Too lazy at the moment.

I like the wine idea, I have told DH he must bring me a bottle along with a goats cheese quiche and some other nibbles for straight after the birth. Better to start early on the drinking grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now