Talk

Advanced search

Apple hiring event - please help with casual attire

(4 Posts)
StuckUpTheFarawayTree Tue 13-Sep-11 10:34:04

I've been invited to an Apple hiring event and it says feel free to wear business casual... what the chuff does this mean??

Had another confirmation email which says as a guide we will be dressed casual.

Please help. Whenever I've gone for a job before I've worn a suit. I believe this is a group event, and there will be lots of trendy studenty types there. I am very late 30s and curvy!

StuckUpTheFarawayTree Tue 13-Sep-11 12:01:00

Would a nice top and black trousers do maybe?

VivaLeBeaver Tue 13-Sep-11 12:09:13

Well staff in apple shops wear jeans and apple T shirts. So I think if you wore black trousers and a nice top then that would be fine. But it needs to be quite an on trend top as I think they do tend to hire funky, with it people. Though hopefully someone with good customer service skills and an interest in technology would winover someone with a cool hair cut and trendy top.......

Good luck, I'd love tom work for apple.

StuckUpTheFarawayTree Tue 13-Sep-11 16:00:05

Thank you. I've been in Apple shop a few times and not taken much notice of staff's clothes. Just been in this afternoon, and you're right - one guy was wearing combat long shorts and the rest were on jeans and pumps.

I asked about the hiring event and was told most people were in jeans and t shirts. The lad I spoke to wore jeans, t shirts and pumps. This is extraordinary to me but I'll see how it goes!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now