Talk

Advanced search

Sports bras - do they fit true to size?

(10 Posts)
Ooopsadaisy Tue 13-Sep-11 08:37:04

After years of wearing the wrong size sports bras because I couldn't afford to buy new ones (yes, I know it bad, bad, bad of me for all sorts of reasons) - I am finally replaceing the grey, ragged, frayed old things.

My question: do Shock Absorber sports bras fit true to size?

I am a 28FF in Freya.

A 30F in Fantasie because they don't do a 28.

I'm a 28FF in M&S when they bother to make them. Otherwise a 30F - when the buggers bother to make them. What is wrong with these people?

I could be anything in Debenhams because they are so unpredictable.

So, anyone any idea what I'm going to be in a Shock Absorber?

chinateacup Tue 13-Sep-11 08:41:31

I bought shock absorber run bra in true size- bit tight to start then loosened a little but at 36DD the tighter the better. It didn't give the 4boob effect even when at tightest. Great investment and have bought more of the same since. I often wear a support crop top over the top too depending on intensity of impact. Not a lover of the jiggling boob!

afishcalledmummy Tue 13-Sep-11 08:45:04

I found they fit true to size but don't actually like them much - not super supportive after a few washes and I ended up scarred under the bust after running in the rain in one! Ouch!

This Freya Active is very supportive, fits true to size and lasts well and comes in a 28 backsize. It does give quite pointy, Madonna-esque, boobs though, which DH found hilarious, but to me it's all about the support (am a 30G).

fishie Tue 13-Sep-11 08:45:13

i wear freya active same size as normal - 30ee, nothing moves and I run so plenty of jiggling potential. dont like shock absorber, gives monoboob and not a good fit on me.

fishie Tue 13-Sep-11 08:46:51

gasp at the fish freya-active wearing cross-posters. freya active comes in underwire or not too. and in red.

Ooopsadaisy Tue 13-Sep-11 08:49:03

Hi china - yes, the jiggling boob is not a good look especially when the rest of me is so small! (Very odd looking person!)

The 4boob is my greatest phobia in clothing. (Closely followed by saggy buttocks and un-buffed feet). 4boob is utterly horrible but not always easy to solve at my size because of the need for a well fitting bra and not many choices.

It's an ebay purchase so I need to try and get it right!

Thanks for your advice!

Ooopsadaisy Tue 13-Sep-11 08:59:09

grin at "monoboob".

Don't mind the monoboob look as I'm otherwise small and toned so monoboob just "tucks everything in nicely" iyswim!

HeavyHeidi Tue 13-Sep-11 09:03:30

I find that I need to get Shock Absorber in a bigger back size than my usual Freya and Fantasie bras, I'm otherwise 32 but need 34 with Shock, can't breathe in 32. They are cut high so no four-boobing.

talkingnonsense Tue 13-Sep-11 09:11:41

I wear shock absorber but sometimes drop a back size -38 to 36, especially in the bra type style. The cross back ones are my favourite.

bustyGGal Tue 13-Sep-11 13:19:38

I can get into a G cup in one of these
http://www.sweatshop.co.uk/Details.cfm?ProdID=3424&category=21
It's very snug (i'm actually a 32GG, hence the name! smile ) but i prefer that to too loose!
They don't go up to a GG or I would have tried it, so I guess they do run true to size. I do look a bit 'monoboob' but anyone who's a GG will know you take what you can find with style sometimes sad
I prefer a style I can wear on it's own when the weather is hot, i get hot enough anyway puffing my way round the park! blush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now